The Batman 2022 Chest Glyph (Batarang) / Paragon FX Group

Are the 14 holes on the raised middle section only on one side? Yours looks completely smooth.
Lots of different things happening with that piece. Depending on which piece one is comparing, they can all be wrong. If you're looking at the curved version, the flat is wrong and vice versa. If you're looking at a flat back, it's wrong if you are looking at the double sided hero and so on.

No holes present on the back of the original 2 piece files. The clips are made for the front of the prop. You do, however; see a version where they flipped the file and made one with clips on both sides. Probably for no other reason than it looked interesting in the one piece configuration.

Like I said, there's also a curved glyph, a flat on one side glyph, a hinged glyph and the 2 piece glyph. In the end, nobody can make one piece be everything that movie magic creates. While any of those versions could've been replicated, Paragon used the original 2 piece file (provided by production and after extensive communication) that was considered the hero.

Hope that helps a little. (y)

Last edited:
My glyph arrived. It has a great weight to it. I like the pin solution for stability. The machining is reasonably crisp. I will be weathering mine after shooting a short review.
F5771FB2-E041-4D89-B34F-A031E69DEED7.jpeg
B3585FDA-6817-4AF5-92C1-FD005ABDE0A5.jpeg

That looks great! how did you do all of that? Dry brushing/painting? or did you actually sand down the original paint?
Thanks! Yes, I sanded the original paint. I used a file for the scratches and to create some of the more specific weathering patterns.

Here's the Factory Entertainment version next to the Paragon FX Group version. FE is noticeably larger and thicker, which feels less accurate to me but I've not seen enough of the original prop to know.

IMG_8258.jpg

Here's the Factory Entertainment version next to the Paragon FX Group version. FE is noticeably larger and thicker, which feels less accurate to me but I've not seen enough of the original prop to know.

View attachment 1665551
Interesting just how different they are. Glad that FE is shipping them out. I'm not sure which I prefer. Not a fan of how blunt the edges look on the FE though.

Paragon FX Group posted a pic of theirs on Facebook recently before their black paint job.
It reminded me a lot of the pic that Rut Villamanga (the lady that painted them for the movie) posted on Instagram when she was showing pics of how she painted the chest batarang for the movie. This pic was posted earlier in this thread as well.
FB_IMG_1675387993456.jpg
received_727605188432847 (1).jpeg

Lots of different things happening with that piece. Depending on which piece one is comparing, they can all be wrong. If you're looking at the curved version, the flat is wrong and vice versa. If you're looking at a flat back, it's wrong if you are looking at the double sided hero and so on.

No holes present on the back of the original 2 piece files. The clips are made for the front of the prop. You do, however; see a version where they flipped the file and made one with clips on both sides. Probably for no other reason than it looked interesting in the one piece configuration.

Like I said, there's also a curved glyph, a flat on one side glyph, a hinged glyph and the 2 piece glyph. In the end, nobody can make one piece be everything that movie magic creates. While any of those versions could've been replicated, Paragon used the original 2 piece file (provided by production and after extensive communication) that was considered the hero.

Hope that helps a little. (y)
Rylo, I love you, I love the direction Paragon is going in. BUT. I’ve noticed no one has made a review of this so I did a crappy little review. It’s a bummer no one else has reviewed it yet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back