The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Suit Replica (Finished)

What a great build this is !

Thanks!

This is a great build, I'm planning on making one in the summer, I hate to ask because I'm sure you've already answered but I must have missed it if you did, how many yards of red and blue spandex did you use?

Thanks man, i'm not sure how much in yards, but i think it was about 2 meters of each. I could probably have used less, but i made a fair few mistakes so made sure i had plenty of spare.

This looks amazing!

Cheers!

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Suit Replica WIP

Thanks a lot guys! :D

And skaterdude3, as far as i know it's just red lycra, i got it from a local fabric shop so i don't know any details... except it has a matt side and a shinier side. I have the matt side facing outwards.

The mask is more or less done (except from trimming some excess fabric around the neck). Inside the mask i have glued magnets, onto which to metal mesh of the eyes sticks to, so i can re-position them if they are not level etc...

View attachment 218760

View attachment 218762

View attachment 218761

... And of course i couldn't resist a suit up with the mask ;)
View attachment 227442

View attachment 227443

Still need to sort a bit of ruffling around the neck... but with a removable mask it'll never be perfect, ah well... i'm happy with how it's turning out.

Enjoy! :D

Dude this suit you made turned out..... Hmm whats the for it?... AMAZING would be the right choice of word haha. Just out of curiosity, how much did it cost to make this suit and how much time did you spend in doing so? Been wanting to make on of my own and found your work very inspirational and mind blowing

Nice bro! I'm going to use this technique for a custom suit. I'm starting a new thread in a few weeks. I'll be sure to give you recognition for the sewing technique! :D mine is going to be a cross between the amazing spiderman and the edge of time suits. With my own little additions of awesomeness :3

He had something similar on the fingers in ASM, nobody knows yet why though, I'm assuming maybe to prevet of falsely triggering the web-shooter when he makes a fist to puch, etc.

Still, nobody actually knows lol

Actually, ha, I'm not sure but I feel like they we're some sort of scientific/inventive way so that he could climb up walls while using a suit. Otherwise his hands would just be stickung to the suit and not the walls. He also has holes in the soles of his feet along the new weblines. I dunno, its just a theory but it would explain the pads

They wanted to make the suit look like Peter could have actually made it, so they incorporated details from everyday objects, such as running shoes as the boots, and some sort of glove, maybe a baseball glove or something, as the gloves. The details on the hands are simply just trying to show that he made them from a pair of gloves.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back