TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

Last year I absolutely lucked out at the local antique store ... vintage Graflex in great shape, for 60 bucks :) Now converted to ANH
DSC03432 copy.JPG

Who would want a new un-weathered Graflex for a lightsaber? It wouldn't look right. Still I want, just once, to find a really cheap Graflex at a flea market. I know I paid under $100 for my one and only real Graflex on here years ago. The ESB I have is a Larbel (I think) replica.

I just can't bring myself to convert my nicely scratched up, used, ANH 7 grip Graflex I put together so long ago. It will always be my nostalgic favorite.

I agree, it's the first one. It's got it's own history, why tear it down? We haven't even seen the new movie yet...

I got my graflex for 100$ off of a known auction site (that I don't like to promote because of all the people who use it to gauge and exploit the true fans) 3 years ago and it was a dream come true. I picked up the second 3 cell bottom for about 60 though.

I was really lucky that year I also got a EFX ROTJ reveal for $350.

I am still coveting my buddies rylo reveal. That sucker is beautiful.

But I've gone off topic!!!

I won't break down my ANH. It was my first build and I'm very attached to it. I was going to create an esb handle from my extra 3 cell back and switch out the bubble strip with the card because so I can have the episode 7 saber at Star Wars weekend :).

So, while still on my futile hunt for a replica flash gun, I came across an auction on that auction site, for the actual saber from the SW TECHNICAL JOURNAL. The description states that it is the saber used for reference by Shane Johnson when he was writing the book. It was built by him & comes with a copy of the book, & a certificate of authenticity. The bidding is starting at $1700 & the BIN is $2250.

Here's the interesting part-

The first image in the gallery is the shot from the trailer of 'Rose' handing the saber to Leia, & the saber in the auction looks almost identical. By that I mean it's an ESB bottom, with the grips riveted in silver, & the top is ANH, with the beer tab & glass eye. The clamp has no covering of the logo & a connector that looks a little 'off' to me. There are plenty of shots on the auction, but none from the butt-end, so you can only see the ring, but not how it's attatched.

My point is this, could this be the saber they based the TFA saber on, since it was in some official reference material? I don't have that book, so I can't check any images, but I thought it was interesting that the auction just came up this morning.

If anyone wants to check it out, search for 'graflex flash', & choose the 'display highest price first' option. I'm curious as to what you guys think.

Possibly, but I doubt it. Here's what the drawing in the tech journal looked like

o0480036012360899613.jpg

Its got 2 red buttons. The one in the trailer doesnt

I just saw a Ebay listing for a graflex glass eye, and the asking price was about $94.00
Now I consider myself lucky for buying a near mint vintage graflex for $200, with the correct Folmer version for my ANH.

I just saw a Ebay listing for a graflex glass eye, and the asking price was about $94.00
Now I consider myself lucky for buying a near mint vintage graflex for $200, with the correct Folmer version for my ANH.

I'm just missing a glass eye, to do the build. I planned to do the ESB saber and bought a Graflex without glass eye some time ago.
But I got lucky on "trailer release evening" and shot a vintage glass eye, some Graflex and MPP clamp levers and a replica kobold clip for aprox. 50 bucks :cool
So everything is fine...

so, any consensus on the number of grips or beertab?
same as the ESB or different?

i still have my ESB graflex and have still have the spare glass eye in my lightsaber parts box.

as to why and how the lightsaber made its way back to Leia, im guessing after luke got his hand chopped off it probably fell down the shaft and got sucked into one of thosr vaccum tubes..probably ended up in cloud citys garbage chute where it remained fot years (wasnt cloud city evacuated by Lando?)
eventually junk was scavanged from cloud city and ended up on that junk planet to be sold for scrap..somoene recognized it as a lightsaber and tried to track down its owner.

also seems Kylo Ren might be an obsessive sith who collects sith relics

If anyone wants to check it out, search for 'graflex flash', & choose the 'display highest price first' option. I'm curious as to what you guys think.

I found it at the top when only searching for graflex flash ... I just wonder where he got his T-tracks from ... customs fees to Europe alone is $625 :wacko

Chaim

In the stills it appears that the beer tab is removed. It's easy to assume that its six grips because they are modified with the screws and I think it looks like six grips by the profile but can't say it's 100%

So basically they want $2000 for a fan made saber that's not even accurate.

Basically, and he did something weird to the emitter. Looks like a custom crystal or lens.

I do have very fond memories of the star wars technical journal books though......

i still have my ESB graflex and have still have the spare glass eye in my lightsaber parts box.

as to why and how the lightsaber made its way back to Leia, im guessing after luke got his hand chopped off it probably fell down the shaft and got sucked into one of thosr vaccum tubes..probably ended up in cloud citys garbage chute where it remained fot years (wasnt cloud city evacuated by Lando?)
eventually junk was scavanged from cloud city and ended up on that junk planet to be sold for scrap..somoene recognized it as a lightsaber and tried to track down its owner.

also seems Kylo Ren might be an obsessive sith who collects sith relics

I'm thinking it was found in some junk pile and found its way into a antique store where a seller who had no idea of the value sold it to a collector who later sold it on Galactic EBay for a BIN price that only Princess, I mean, Queen Solo Organa could afford.

Ugnaught #1: 'Psst ... Princess Leia ... we have something that might be of interest to you ... lateron ... ehm when you return to the screen in 2015'

Princess Leia : 'I'm listening but first let me change my dress and aid Lando in finding Luke ... who's been missing ... yet reached out to me via the Force.'

I'm thinking it was found in some junk pile and found its way into a antique store where a seller who had no idea of the value sold it to a collector who later sold it on Galactic EBay for a BIN price that only Princess, I mean, Queen Solo Organa could afford.

Well, the film one really shines when compared to a GRAFLEX!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back