Terminator T-800 Blueprints

Is it posible to get the mesurements in mm? ..I m from Romania and i work in a factory that build ut's for car factoryes whe have plenty of 5 axes machines and other type of machines Maybe i ll be able to get a finance to build some parts...The production price maybe very high....

Thanks guys!
Work on the palm is going slowly. I am currently on my fifth version and considering starting over again. There are a lot of pieces that come together there and at odd angles. I have all of the pieces modeled but I am having trouble tweaking everything to fit together properly. Also, the resin pieces I am working from are not completely screen accurate. I think I am going to release the first set of drawings which will be accurate to the resin castings (which I can measure), then produce a second set of drawing which will be modified to look more screen accurate (I'll have to guess at those measurements). Here are a couple pictures of what my current version looks like, along with a picture of the arm in the movie:
Hand5TEST01.png

Hand5TEST02.png

Did you make the wrist and the finger suport from one piece or you made it in pieces ? Can you post some drawings whit mesurements? I don t know how it would be build: machined or in foundry....or pieces welded together...;)

I modeled it in several pieces, but that was just so I could reuse some of the pieces instead of remodeling them each time I wanted to change something. The final model will probably be done in a single piece. I'll post the drawings once the model is finished. I am still working on the location of the piston lugs.
I am beginning to suspect that this machine can't be built. Not with exact tolerances anyway. The pistons pivot on a different plane than the fingers. This creates a lot of binding, which prevents the fingers from tilting side to side. So I either have to change the design so that everything lines up, or I have to make the design with more backlash or play, so that the pieces can move the way they need to.
If you join the Endo Builders Club, you can see pictures of hands that people have built using different techniques, including machining and foundry. I personally think the cast pieces look better. I haven't seen a welded hand, yet. It would probably take a very skilled welder, and a lot of polishing, to make it look nice.

Very nice. Did you ever try to calculate the cost of a 3D printed Aluminium Conqueror_Worm :lol
Also are you aware that you are fulfilling the prophecy thus completing the circle?

Thanks. I estimate that a plastic Shapeways arm would be around $200. A stainless steel one would be about 10 times that price. I haven't heard of a place that does aluminum. If you mean the alumide option on Shapeways, that would probably be about a hundred dollars more than the basic plastic option.
It seems like the machines could use a little help. ;)

It seems like the machines could use a little help. ;)

Yeah I totally agree, wheres the damn robots already, I don't want another smartphone with a slightly better camera, I want a robot to do everything I couldn't be arsed to do and call me sir when it does it. I don't care If it might become autonomous and kill us all, I will take my chances for that free lunch.:thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back