Terminator: Genisys

So Jai Courtney hasn't even bothered to study Biehn's performance and says he'd be crazy to. Um do they realize how legendary Biehn's performance is and how much he nailed it. I get that he wants to put his own spin on it but Biehn could run rings around Courtney. More proof that these guys just don't "get" Terminator and don't care for what made it a success in the first place. The last 2 failed to "get" the Terminator universe and it seems nobody else has learnt from it. :(

http://www.gamesradar.com/jai-courtney-putting-new-spin-kyle-reese-terminator-genisys/

Ben

So Jai Courtney hasn't even bothered to study Biehn's performance and says he'd be crazy to. Um do they realize how legendary Biehn's performance is and how much he nailed it. I get that he wants to put his own spin on it but Biehn could run rings around Courtney. More proof that these guys just don't "get" Terminator and don't care for what made it a success in the first place. The last 2 failed to "get" the Terminator universe and it seems nobody else has learnt from it. :(

http://www.gamesradar.com/jai-courtney-putting-new-spin-kyle-reese-terminator-genisys/

Ben

:facepalm Exactly: "They're pissing on us without even having the courtesy of calling it rain"
Just another reason why anyone who is fan of the franchise shouldn't give these people any of our money

Ben

Well, that is certainly more than disappointing. :thumbsdown

Disagree.

I won't say I'm happy about Jai Courtney's comments but it fails to upset me. A determined imitation of another actor is rarely the best take for re-imagining anything. Should Roger Moore have been trying his hardest to do a Connery impression for all those years?

Whatever mess this movie is, it's not a T1 remake. Not even close. They are making it clear they monkeyed with the characters' roles/storylines to the point where they are new roles. Reese may not even come out looking like a good guy anymore for all we know. Jai Courtney was never gonna be 1983 Michael Beihn so let's let him do his own thing and see what happens. This movie has given us plenty of better things to be upset about at this stage.

They slated Brandon Routh for basing his performance too much on Christopher Reeve, sometimes you just have to ignore what came before and go your own way.

She just doesn't look tough enough for Sarah Connor. If they were going to pick a Game of Thrones actor they should have brought back Lena Headey as Sarah.
[h=3][/h]

As awesome as LH was in TSCC, I assume she's far too old for whatever they're envisioning with this timeline.

That's true, she was just an example as she did have the correct hardened look. Clarke just looks too soft and her performance in trailers looks to be lacking. I love her in GOT but yeah.

Clarke is such a wooden actress, they should have gone the full hog in the distruction of the Terminator francise by casting Jaden Smith as Kyle Reese.

Thinking about it he'd be better than Jai Courtney.

Clarke is such a wooden actress, they should have gone the full hog in the distruction of the Terminator francise by casting Jaden Smith as Kyle Reese.

He honestly would have. But then again even a 2x4 would have been better.

Casting for a film today is like this: here are three people that are fairly popular; pick one. :facepalm

Im guessing that this is a sarcastic dig at us people who aren't happy with a lot they've seen in this new movie.

That T800 isn't wearing his seatbelt. Details like that really spoil a movie for me. :facepalm

But then you go into your next post stating something your not happy with. Hypocrite. :rolleyes

Ben

Im guessing that this is a sarcastic dig at us people who aren't happy with a lot they've seen in this new movie.

But then you go into your next post stating something your not happy with. Hypocrite. :rolleyes

Ben

......and you'd be wrong on both counts. The first comment was a sarcastic dig at a Terminator driving a truck and the second was a dig because since day one I've said this will be a turd of a movie.

Hope that clears things up for you.

......and you'd be wrong on both counts. The first comment was a sarcastic dig at a Terminator driving a truck and the second was a dig because since day one I've said this will be a turd of a movie.

Hope that clears things up for you.

My apologies that I read you wrong. ;)

Ben

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back