Terminator: Genisys

re: Terminator 5 (Reboot)

Another thing I've found boring about many of the sequels is that John Connor is painted as this flawless savior of all mankind... he's just perfect and so important and not capable of making mistakes... I want the reluctant hero, not the perfect, flawless pedestal hero, who's as realistic as a cardboard cut-out.

Did you even watch Terminator 3? He was hardly depicted as flawless in it. In fact he WAS the reluctant hero wanting to commit suicide at one point; how much more reluctant can you get? :lol

Oh yeah I just heard last night that Arnold and Maria are splitsville; guess talking about making T5 was the final straw of their marriage.

Hey maybe his best friend James Cameron can give him the number of a good divorce lawyer; he's been through that a couple of times.

Kevin

Maria: 'You're Terminated ***cker!".

I heard about the split on the car radio. She took off the ring months ago. Apparently he played around on her quite a bit. Kennedy women are used to that.

Just watched T2 last night for the first time in a long time. Chose the Theatrical Cut, as I always preferred that one. An okay good action flick, but not much deeper than that.

I love the special features on the Ultimate Edition of T2. Especially the "film school" parts, took awhile to get through all that.

T2 has a lot going on. It's a very interesting extension of the first and plays with the very idea of what a sequel is.

It flips expectations on their head in every way. The Terminator learns to be human and Sarah turns into a terminator. The original bad guy is now the protector and the human looking cop guy is the bad guy. The story also resembles the basic structure of the first but puts a an interesting twist on the similar moments from the original. Set pieces and lines are repeated but with new meaning added.

And as cool and clever as all these nods were to the original, all those moments still worked on their own and connected with the audience having ever seen the original. Super smart sequel writing at work.

Nick

Schwarzenegger wouldn’t be needed until the final film, which wouldn’t shoot until after he ends his term as California Governor.

Uh, hello?

Also fresh off the Skynet assembly line are new shape-shifting cyborgs that can morph together in Transformers-like mode..

OH JOY! Christian Bale style rant ON!

My idea of the future in the Terminator series is possible too bleak for what the studio suits dare do. From Reese's descriptions we are basically talking concentration camps with nothing but suffering and abuse and trying to stay alive in an environment where you can be dead for no reason a few minutes later. Where you are not only suffering the constant watch of the machine sentries, but also people snitching you out, even people working as guards to get better rations, better perks and a chance to stay alive.

The factories were said to be automated, but someone had to build them, and Skynet, with the people in the camps, had all the free workers it needed. They are basically building the factories that will produce the very weapons and machines that will be used against any and all survivors outside the fences. How is that for drama!?

The experiments with cloning living human flesh to use for the cyborgs is another element and should come when Skynet realizes that the rubber skinned T-600 was too easy to spot - so, late in the war. Another horrible aspect of the future war.

All this would add to the gritty, grueling, bleak look of the future under the reign of the machines.

We don't need fancy transformer robots or silly fancy machines. The T-800 should be the pinnacle of the machines. The best, most advanced... and should barely be seen until the end. The evolution of the machines should lead up to them, so what came before should be as bulky and powerful, but ultimately simple and stupid sentry and hunter killer machines, controlled by a simple instruction or linked and controlled directly by Skynet, with only the Terminators being given the ability to learn and adapt and being separate from the hive mind of Skynet - so basically rogue and self-thinking agents. A desperate attempt to best the humans, by ultimately letting go of the control and ultimately making a machine that could essentially turn on its creator, like Skynet turned on its creators: humans. The self-thinking and adapting aspect of the T-800 is the real Achilles heel of Skynet, in a way, as they only create those out of desperation and the lack of success of its other creations.

Since the suits in Hollywood do not dare to do the future war justice... I know I'll never see the future that Reese came from and talked about in the first movie. A place filled with horror and despair.

My idea of the future in the Terminator series is possible too bleak for what the studio suits dare do. From Reese's descriptions we are basically talking concentration camps with nothing but suffering and abuse and trying to stay alive in an environment where you can be dead for no reason a few minutes later. Where you are not only suffering the constant watch of the machine sentries, but also people snitching you out, even people working as guards to get better rations, better perks and a chance to stay alive.

The factories were said to be automated, but someone had to build them, and Skynet, with the people in the camps, had all the free workers it needed. They are basically building the factories that will produce the very weapons and machines that will be used against any and all survivors outside the fences. How is that for drama!?

The experiments with cloning living human flesh to use for the cyborgs is another element and should come when Skynet realizes that the rubber skinned T-600 was too easy to spot - so, late in the war. Another horrible aspect of the future war.

All this would add to the gritty, grueling, bleak look of the future under the reign of the machines.

We don't need fancy transformer robots or silly fancy machines. The T-800 should be the pinnacle of the machines. The best, most advanced... and should barely be seen until the end. The evolution of the machines should lead up to them, so what came before should be as bulky and powerful, but ultimately simple and stupid sentry and hunter killer machines, controlled by a simple instruction or linked and controlled directly by Skynet, with only the Terminators being given the ability to learn and adapt and being separate from the hive mind of Skynet - so basically rogue and self-thinking agents. A desperate attempt to best the humans, by ultimately letting go of the control and ultimately making a machine that could essentially turn on its creator, like Skynet turned on its creators: humans. The self-thinking and adapting aspect of the T-800 is the real Achilles heel of Skynet, in a way, as they only create those out of desperation and the lack of success of its other creations.

Since the suits in Hollywood do not dare to do the future war justice... I know I'll never see the future that Reese came from and talked about in the first movie. A place filled with horror and despair.

Now THAT is a movie I would go watch.

Transforming cyborgs and sentries with 10mm pistols built into their hands?? WTF? :wacko

The problem is none of the people making or writing these are true Terminator fans. They're all out to be hip and cool and make money and don't care about being true to the origins of the franchise. Only thing that could make this any worse is if Michael Bay was involved.

So are they renaming this one to The Inseminator?

I can just see them using that line from American Pie: "I'm a sophisticated sex robot sent back in time..."

"I need your clothes, your boots... and your condoms."
:love

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back