TDK UD replicas Suit with Cape

McBaine

Hi guys,

I am trying to figure out a way of attaching a heavy cape to my UD replicas TDK suit without making holes or ruining the $1300 suit! Any ideas?

The cape is pretty heavy so i dont think magnets will cut it. I've noticed in fan pictures the cape is attached underneath the chest armour somehow. Any ideas?

Earth magnets would hold stronger than velcro, IMHO. Years of trooping taught me this. If it's not holding just get a stronger magnet.

just want to say thanks to 'armorture,' the double sided velcro worked a treat!

DSC02346.jpg

292307_10150961534677233_1862842889_n.jpg

I've been asked how exactly to do this double velcro method. This is how I did it.

I bought a roll of velcro at my local craft shop. In the roll were individual strips of the male and female sides. (I don't know what you call opposite pieces of velcro but i'll call them this for now).

I cut small rectangles probably 6cm across off the female and male strips, made holes in the centre of them and placed them back to back.

Depending on your cape you may need to change the next part of the procedure. My cape has loops to attach to the suit. I placed the loop inbetween the two pieces of back to back velcro and put a bolt (a small fat bolt) through the hole in the velcro which subsequently went through the loop. Then placed a nut on the other side and fastened it into place. Then its just a matter of sticking the velco onto where the chest armour goes. Of course the chest armour still sticks because of the back to back velcro.

Glad to hear that worked.:thumbsup

I am trying to find the carbon fibre material to incorporate a second set of collarbone pieces along with the velcro for the cape to clip under. make them a one piece to fit overtop of the existing ones on the UDReplicas suit to simulate an accurate look.:cheers

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back