Targaryen House Shield - Replica Prop

IMG_7309.JPGIMG_7312.JPGIMG_7314.JPGIMG_7315.JPG
Took some decent quality photos too

Stunning work on this mate. I love the process, and I love the outcome. As a fellow (First class ;) )Modelmaking graduate, I've got to say it is a REAL joy to see others excelling at using traditional hand methods. I've been wanting to make a Stark infantry shield for a while, this may just give me the motivation to get round to it. Again, stellar work.

Thanks to all you guys for your praise, it's so nice to know that people enjoy my work :)
Also as I hadn't realised I've not shown the finished back... Here is it!
IMG_7320.JPG
I finished it all off with some faux leather to hide the fibreglass resin.
The straps are real leather that I cut up, riveted and buckled together. The arm one is adjustable for ease of use and comfort.
And finally I sculpted the rim out of milliput around the edge to tidy it up and make it all uniform.

I'm drooling... Amazing. That is one of the coolest props I have ever seen on this site. I love that its from the book cover and not the show. Well, well done!

Wow... that's epic! After reading your post, I'm now watching Game of Thrones...

By the way in the book the House Targaryen banner is described as red dragon mark, isn't it?

IMG_8753.JPGIMG_8751.JPGIMG_8752.JPG
For size and context, I've photographed the shield with a Erebor Dwarf helmet that I created a few months back. Although from a completely different universe, I still think they look cool together, and it gives a better idea of scale.

Thanks, plaster spinning was surprisingly easy, it was making the spinner that was the difficult bit as I had never welded before. But the beauty of it is that I can take the dragon sculpt and all the detail off the plaster and use it again as a blank base for another shield, so its got a lot of use to it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back