Switching from Pep to 3D Printer?

Tamarui

Hi,

i made some Helmets with Pepakura and was thinking to switch maybe over to a cheap 3D Printer and i got some questions to people who already use 3D printers.

How many files are available and how good are they?
Im not good in 3D Modeling and it was always easy to find decent Pep files for nearly everything that i wanted.

I read that the Prices from armors on do3d are beyond 200$ not sure about helmets.
Are there other Sites that you can recommend, maybe with slightly lower prices or some free models?

To print out the parts i need to cut it in smaller pieces, what the best way to put the together at the end?

And i saw that the surface is not super smooth on 3D printed parts, what you do that it end up smooth?

Thanks in advance for your help
Tamarui

If you want to get a good starter printer I highly recommend the Cetus3D. I got 2 of them and they are my go to printers now for quick prints. The slicer software is somewhat limited for it, but Cetus is working on a translator so you can use 3rd part slicers. These a few things that I've printed on them. All free files from myminifactory.com

3fc87812cd333ddd4edfccd9ff522f28.jpg

fb009c054bf0b9ce0b9e9ac1930a6f62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great!

What noozle size and layer thickness you used for it and how about the printing time?
The Hammer look very smooth, how you finished it up that way?

I will check out the Cetus3D thanks for the tip.

Looks great!

What noozle size and layer thickness you used for it and how about the printing time?
The Hammer look very smooth, how you finished it up that way?

I will check out the Cetus3D thanks for the tip.

They come with .25, .4, and .6mm nozzles, .15mm layer thickness and the hammer was about 15-20 pieces that were well cut up so print times were about 5-8 hours for 2 larger pieces. All of these are raw prints. All with the .4mm nozzle. One downside (to some people) is that it's mainly a pla printer right now due to no heated bed, but Cetus is working on that upgrade and supposedly an extended x axis. Standard printers have 7" cube build area and they have an extended version that goes up to 300mm/11.8". I have both. [emoji16][emoji16]

This is the same prints with a filler primer coating. Still no sanding.
f0ed40de4a7a1c1a86447ab38415c11a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back