Survivor: Blood vs. Water

They really need to go back to the very basics: harsh locations (I'd love to see another Africa or Australian outback), very little food, no returning players, no redemption island. It seems the game is now just lost in its own gimmicks.

Agreed they need to get back to basics on this show. The gimmicks are boring, redemption island never interested me, and I want to see people earn a million dollars doing something other than a social game. I never went in for that garbage in high school and have no interest it in my mid-40s!
Make the players compete for food and water. Then let's see how much time is left over for scheming and back stabbing.

Liking this new season so far..No Redemption island and no returning players. Loved the monsoon--THAT is the way Survivor is supposed to be!! They really need to get back into some harsh enviroments. J'tia (or however you say her name) is worthless. I think she will be forever known simply as "riceburner". Don't like copguy. A couple of real hotties on this season, yet they seem clueless. Has there ever been three teams before? I can't remember.

Another season of the same thing and VERY obviously manipulative on the part of the casting directors. Meh. I am sure Kristen will continue to watch but I just find myself bored and annoyed with the forced drama.

I have watched every season of survivor religiously over the years but I just can't sit through this season.

I have it on as background noise but barely sit and actually watch it. No one there is interesting this season.

I was almost instantly out when I saw the two sisters from Amazing Race. They were incredibly annoying on that show (and turns out, not very nice people either) and having to endure them on Survivor was almost more than I could handle. Like you said... just not interesting at all. The John Rocker thing was so so obvious... ugh..

Yeah, we're watching it, but I don't think about it at all after or care much about anyone's game. There's nothing much to even talk about it...

But my husband and I are doing a rewatch of LOST with our 16yo watching it for the first time - we've got 2 episodes left and I think that is where our thoughts are 'island-wise'. :D

Give Bear Grylls - The Island a go. I'm pretty sure they're a similar style show(could be wrong).

The better half and I are watching but just barely hanging in there. When did "Blood" include people who date?? That told me we're off to a bad start. The exile island bit is awful, it's an overnight trip for two where someone gets an immunity idol clue. Lame.

They already did a show kind of like that. It was called "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!"

I kid you not......

and yes, it sucked.

Two things...

1) From last week - the mentality of the food distribution being a 'eat as much as you want whenever you want until it's gone, but we must all share everything and no hoarding' is really frustrating... unfair and stupid.

It started early on in the season - They have some people in this game who are not planning ahead; who eat as much as they want and do not realize or care what will happen when food is gone - so much so that one came ended up with NO rice... and even after that, they don't seem to want to pace themselves.

Then, even after running out on her own team, Missy cooks too much and Dale gets frustrated with her, but doesn't want to say anything... So nobody really learned anything.

Then we get to what happened last week, when Julie sees an opportunity to bring back some trail mix - sure, it would have been better if they could have split it evenly and then let her eat at her pace, but she KNEW that is not what would happen. They want nothing hidden, all of it out for whomever to eat when they want.... But Julie knew that the people who eat too much, mainly it looks like Missy and the younger guys, would have eaten it all because Julie doesn't eat as much as fast.

One of the comments the guys made when they found out was that Julie was so small, where does she get off hoarding it all. As if because they are so much bigger that gives them license to be bullies about food?

I don't know - she left, so it doesn't even matter. But I get what she did and were they in a survival situation it would have been necessary to hide food from the blockheads who wanted to gorge themselves and not pace themselves.

2) The power couple changing their minds over the way the guys treated the girl was very interesting. I hope tribal counsel was a wake-up to them and they start realizing their behavior (typical cocky stuff the alliances on top usually get into) needs to be reeled in and maybe some manners are in order... as well as a better social game that includes BOTH parties in the power couple alliance.

Though, wonder how long the power couple will be able to keep their status...

Guri, I agree with your comments about the unequal food distribution, cooking, eating, bullying, etc. There is a nasty group mentality that I've observed in this group.
The men are taking advantage of their ability to bully the women this season.

The current power couple Jon & Jaclyn strike me as very untrustworthy. At last tribal council acted like the popular high school brats. All that "you didn't come talk to us" was positively juvenile! I hope their influence ends soon..

What's with the snooping and stealing this season? Is it allowed? Has it always been part of the game and never showed?
First we had the entire group steal Julie's trail mix. This past week Reed stole Wes's immunity idol paperwork. What gives?

I remember snooping and stealing, but mostly from people who are desperate to stay in the game, not from people who are just hungry or curious. And maybe they only show us when they actually find something?

I'm really bummed about Jeremy. My husband had just asked me half way through the episode who I was favoring and I said the only one I even like is Jeremy. BAM, he's gone.

Which pretty much sealed my dislike for Jon and Jaclyn... I get that they are a power couple and anyone in power usually gets into an entitlement sort of head space - just like the guys were last week before they got knocked down a peg. But the only reason they wanted Jeremy out was because he was on to Jon about lying about the immunity idol.

I'm starting to be more fond of Reed, just because of how he turned things around, even if he only was able to do it because he dug through someone's bag. He just showed some smarts.

Natalie might win me over too - she's subtle in the way she plays, but she's playing. Baylor and Missy - ugh... Baylor is better than her mom, though. But all three of the other guys are on my last nerve... especially that older guy that keeps spitting. Blech.

My wife and I had hated those sisters from The Amazing Race and were prepared to continue on with that paradigm but Natalie's machinations have been awesome the past couple of weeks. Jon getting blindsided while holding an immunity was hysterical, he was so friggin cocky and refused to listen to girlfriend Jaclyn's warnings.
Suddenly weeks of blah has morphed into some nice drama, just in time for the finale.

Agreed, it is getting more interesting. Natalie is my favorite right now. I never saw her on the Amazing Race, but it was interesting to hear her talk about being without her sister and having to navigate the game on her own.

My husband was really annoyed that Jon didn't give his immunity to Jaclyn before he left... the guy is so full of himself and I'm really curious to see how his girl reacts to what happened.

annoyed that Jon didn't give his immunity to Jaclyn before he left

I don't think he would have been allowed. I think I read somewhere that unless he gave it to her before the votes were read, he wouldn't have been able to give it to someone else.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back