Supernatural Season 8 *SPOILERS*

Oh WOW! "A Little Slice of Kevin" was GREAT!!!! Best of the season for two reasons if nothing else, the RETURN OF CASTIEL and AMANDA FREAKING TAPPING!!!!!!!

HELLS YES!!!!

I'm not necessarily a fan of Castiel not being on for six or seven episodes, but I always love it when he returns!

Can't wait to see this one!

THANK GOD! Castiel is back :cool I am so glad that Dean didn't purposely leave him in Purgatory...

I also hope Ms. Tran is out of the picture sooner rather than later, but only because she kind of annoys me for some reason :lol Oh and I'm extremely happy there were no Sam/Amelia flashbacks in this episode, so tired of those already. This new angel Naomi is extremely interesting, I remember reading awhile back (maybe in this thread) that she is a different breed of angel, one we've never seen. I'm thinking she doesn't want the brothers to close the gates of hell or something nefarious like that, I doubt she's keeping this all a secret just to help them out...

So…

Garth is annoying. Sam is annoying.

I loved the episode with Benny and the Vampire Pirates, Mostly because of the Vampire Pirates. I’d love to see Sam go bye-bye and just have Dean and Benny do stuff.

See, I’m tired of Sam not caring anymore, and stuff not affecting him. All the hatred, remorse, guilt he had is just all gone now? With what he went through in season seven just washed him clean of everything? That’s just bull poo poo. So he doesn’t care his first love burned to death, his mother burned to death, his father was dragged to hell, and now Bobby's death? His rationalization of it all is - hey crap happens, what can you do? Might as well take his soul away again.

Also, the whole thing of Garth blatantly replacing Bobby? No… just no, please.

See, I’m tired of Sam not caring anymore, and stuff not affecting him. All the hatred, remorse, guilt he had is just all gone now? With what he went through in season seven just washed him clean of everything? That’s just bull poo poo. So he doesn’t care his first love burned to death, his mother burned to death, his father was dragged to hell, and now Bobby's death? His rationalization of it all is - hey crap happens, what can you do? Might as well take his soul away again.

Technically their dad is freed from hell as far as we know. After killing ole Yellow Eyes, he just kinda dissipated. I'd assume to Heaven somewhere. But yeah, Sam seems way too nonchalant about everything, or the actor just doesn't care any more. It's not clear which.

Yeah I haven't cared much for Sam the last couple of seasons. I don't really like the direction the writers have taken with him, now I just find him annoying, I don't care about him at all, the Sam/Amelia flashbacks are just annoying and I cant wait for them to be over with. I used to be a huge Sam fan, more so than Dean, but it seems like now he just annoys me more and more as the show goes on.

Technically their dad is freed from hell as far as we know. After killing ole Yellow Eyes, he just kinda dissipated. I'd assume to Heaven somewhere. But yeah, Sam seems way too nonchalant about everything, or the actor just doesn't care any more. It's not clear which.

Yeah, I remember that. I still tear up when I watch that episode. What? Can't a grown man get the feels?

I was just making a point. Their dad was forced to make a deal with Azazel, the monster that killed his wife, to save Dean. Just sayin', I'd still be a little pissed.

I think you guys must be on CRACK or something as this has been some of the BEST story writing in a LONG TIME. You guys got all of your panties all buched up crying how it's not as good as it used to be in the first few seasons of the show, well no crap, people change and chracters grow and that's one of the cool things about the show, NOTHING stays the same. Deal with it or stop watching it........................:darnkidsGod, I must be getting cranky in my old age...............:$

That was a FUN episode!!!! No Mrs Tran, more Cas and Amanda Tapping too!!! I guess they finally answered the question of what happens to a psychic that goes senile, they go all Looney Toons! I was really curious why Sam hadn't called this flashback girl at all while he's been with Dean, I guess we now know, her husband was found alive so he must have left her after one last night or something. That explains why he left and went back to the cabin.

I don't know why, but I got the feeling that there was a Supernatural reason why her husband was back. Of course I just want that to happen as I'm getting pretty bored with the flashbacks. So hopefully you're right and we were supposed to think that's why he left, and there will be no more flashbacks...

I remember reading about this episode last week, and I thought it was going to be ridiculous. However I thought it was very well done, and also pretty fun/hilarious (especially Cas's definition of Wile Coyote and Roadrunner :lol). I can't wait to see what's going on with Naomi (the angel pulling Cas's strings) and Benny...

Okay.. these last two episodes, back to back, were FANTASTIC!!!! Missing Castiel, but the whole discovery of the "Men of Letters" and now the "Juda Initiative" with a honest to God Golem and Nazi Necromancers really has the potential to breath fresh life into the series. I've been hoping they were looking at wrapping up the series with the sealing of Hell, but if they want to throw in the Thule Society and Necromancers, BRING IT ON!!!!!

I personally just love this season.

"As Time Goes By" was by far one of the BEST ones of this season. And the amount of lore in Everybody Hates Hitler was just amazing. The story writing is fantastic, the continuity is spectacular. I'm loving where they're headed, and I for one can't wait to see what they've got in store.

I think you’re confusing “continuity” with “retcon” or “Retroactive continuity”. It basically means the alteration of previously established facts in a fictional work. So, we went from John having no Hunters in his family, to members of a secret society of the most elitist Hunters in his family? There’s coming up with ideas to freshen something stale, then there’s pulling something out of your bum to give the main characters a shiny new hideout.

There are still Leviathans in the world, we have Benny to worry about, this Naomi’s control in Heaven, the discovery of a angel tablet, and oh I almost forgot… the main plot, closing the gates to freaken hell. Now we have this Men of the Letters group, and just found out about Knights of Hell (which we probably won’t see again). There’s TOO MUCH CRAP GOING ON.

Last edited:
I think you’re confusing “continuity” with “retcon” or “Retroactive continuity”. It basically means the alteration of previously established facts in a fictional work. So, we went from John having no Hunters in his family, to members of a secret society of the most elitist Hunters in his family? There’s coming up with ideas to freshen something stale, then there’s pulling something out of your ass to give the main characters a shiny new hideout.

There are still Leviathans in the world, we have Benny to worry about, this Naomi’s control in Heaven, the discovery of a angel tablet, and oh I almost forgot… the main plot, closing the gates to freaken hell. Now we have this Men of the Letters group, and just found out about Knights of Hell (which we probably won’t see again). There’s TOO MUCH CRAP GOING ON.

John was never old enough to know about his family secret. Where the Campbell side were all hunters...it's only the males of the Winchesters..so alot more elite. It also makes sense with the cupid statement of it being a big deal with the Campbell/Winchester union. There is alot going on, but man I personally love this season. :love

I think you’re confusing “continuity” with “retcon” or “Retroactive continuity”. It basically means the alteration of previously established facts in a fictional work. So, we went from John having no Hunters in his family, to members of a secret society of the most elitist Hunters in his family? There’s coming up with ideas to freshen something stale, then there’s pulling something out of your ass to give the main characters a shiny new hideout.

It's too bad you can't follow but one story line at a time as I think this in one of the best seasons in a long time. But maybe this year is geared to people that can do more than one thing at once..............:eek

How is there too much going on? How is this any different from Season 3 where Dean's trying to escape hell, the boys trying to find out who Ruby is, trying to kill all the demons they let out of the devil's gate, and saving the 'boy king' Sam from going dark side?

Seriously, having just one of the lines you mentioned throughout the whole season makes it dry and boring. Have a little faith. I'll bet it'll all come together.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back