Supergirl/MoS Fabric

AuroraMarija

I looked through the older posts and didn't see any about this, so if there are I'm sorry and please just direct me there and then remove this.

So I'm trying to make the new Supergirl costume from the show for NYCC, and it looks like her blue fabric has that same pattern as Superman's in Man of Steel. I know people have done plenty of costumes using this fabric before. Where did you get it?
Someone told me they made it all with puffy paint or something. My worry is that, since I'm a new attorney and therefore forced to work long hours, that while I'm sure I'm capable of buying blue fabric and making the pattern that I won't finish in time. I'd wait to make the costume, but I'm committed because I promised friends I'd be in a group with them.

Does anyone out there know where to get this fabric? If you or someone you know has made a costume with this fabric in the past, do you just have extra I could buy from you or commission from you if you don't have extra laying around?

I was really excited to make this costume, until I realized I can't find the fabric anywhere. I don't know what to do, and this seemed like the place to turn for help and advice.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1440790323459.jpg
    FB_IMG_1440790323459.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 493
  • FB_IMG_1441806974581.jpg
    FB_IMG_1441806974581.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 634
That's definitely not the same fabric used in the Man of Steel suit. To me that looks like a blue sports mesh of some type. I'm sure somebody around here as already identified some similar fabrics, and will answer you soon. But keep looking around! I'm sure you'll find something that suits you.

Idk it looked like it had that same weird pattern on it, but maybe it is different. Either way, there's some kind of patterning on it, and I am definitely not going to stop looking, but I'm hoping someone has suggestions because so far I haven't been able to find anything even remotely close. Thanks!

I'm surprised there isn't more love for the new Supergirl! It's been a pretty good show so far, so where are all the awesome costumes!

I might be able to do something similar in a dye-sub print. It wouldn't have the same sheen, but it may make for a decent substitute if you can't get hold of the exact same fabric. :)

hi,the fabric for the supergirl suit is called eurojersey and the pattern details on it are applied to it with special ink that i don't know the name yet. also,for the texture pattern is clearly different from the MOS/DOJ Superman suit.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back