Suicide Squad (Post-release)

Each joker is different. Ledger joker even tho was crazy, he was still very smart and collective. He was always a step ahead of what ever batman or life threw at him. Which made him a great joker. This joker was just a dude with out a Faygo bottle.

I was such a fan of Caesar Romero when I was growing up. I like them more unhinged. Ledger was perfect for those films but I feel that someone like Paul Reubens could really do some damage. I feel like batman is so dark these days, he needs a nemesis who is such a sociopath, that nothing can ruin his good time

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I haven't seen it (and I don't really intend to), but if they give up on this universe it could be interesting to see a Batman and/or superman movie set in the '60s

I did not mind the mouth tattoo on his hand. i thought that was a good throw back to the earlier joker.

Youre kidding me. Even how he did it all casually and stupid, he didnt even do it in a cool way. And what the hell is the point? Its not like his mouth is sewn shut or something. Stupid designs like that make the characters uninspired, boring, and not fun to watch. Looks like a lot is riding on Wonder Woman.

Finally seen it and i dint hate it but it also wasnt what i expected it to be.

Harley was def one of the best parts altho i also enjoyed the parts from the rest of the sqaud like boomerang, diablo even deadshot. The soundtrack through out wasnt good tho. It sometimes even just felt out of place for certain scenes...

I liked how they displayed their origins even tho only 2 of them had an extended one. Especially the Joker/harley scene with joker in tux and harley in her Jester outfit.

I kind of hoped there would have been more Joker scenes tho or that he was more involved in whatever threat there was rather then him just having the few scenes that he had to get harley back. But from what ive seen of him i was yet to be impressed. He sometimes had manners that just dint feel exactly like the joker and then sometimes he did. Example the bar scene felt odd yet the helicopter scene then was great. I always liked how he looked, it was different yet still kind of resembled Joker but its the acting that really shows if its Joker or not.

Overall i wished they would have gone more in the style of what assault on Arkham animated did with the movie.

Just saw this yesterday afternoon, and I think it's fair to say that as I whole I genuinely hated the movie. The entire outing felt disjointed, shallowly motivated, and lacking in actual fun and excitement. Everything felt like it happened just to happen, with no momentum behind the actions of any of the players. Harley's Joker sub plot had no suspense to it because Deadshot already knew, and Rick Flagg was a cardboard cut out of a generic "SOLDIER MAN". You're never worried about her getting caught sneaking around, which moments like her taking the elevator without them almost touched on but then really did nothing with it.

The Enchantress was a complete misstep for the first outing of these characters, and totally blew the roof off of the DCEU with all of the explicit mysticism and magic. I would include Katana and her sword in that point as well, which also felt like too much too soon for this world. With Katana specifically they could have alluded to what she believes about the sword, but not directly confirm it by showing it smoking as she speaks to her husband's soul. Have the Squad be a little wary of her because of her tendency to whisper to herself and the sword.

All of the floating text during their intro cards felt completely wrong, and Captain Boomerang's "Unicorn fetish" felt like a direct response to Deadpool.

I was willing to give this Joker the benefit of the doubt all through the early production and promotion of this movie, but the minute he first comes on screen they lost me and never had me back. There isn't one moment where he is on screen that feels right to me, and I would be happy to see Leto leave the role regardless of how they explain it.

At this point I believe that the Justice League movie should have just been "Flashpoint" so they can restart and correct all of the stupid stuff they have done with these movies. 3 movies in we shouldn't still be shaking our heads at the huge mistakes they are making, or sitting through movies because we're holding onto the last shred of hope saying "this will be the one that fixes things!"

3 movies in we shouldn't still be shaking our heads at the huge mistakes they are making, or sitting through movies because we're holding onto the last shred of hope saying "this will be the one that fixes things!"

This is honestly and im saying this as a dc fan (altho i also enjoy marvel but fav heroes being supes and bats so y ) is how i feel. 3 movies that have yet to blow me away. MoS for me was great but BvS dint appeal to me even tho it had its moments. Then again a movie shouldnt have its moments, it should be great and it shouldnt be hard yet i can't help but wonder how they can still mess so much stuff up :(

Jared Leto seems like he is doing a very bad impression of Jim Carrey doing a bad impression of Scarface. Seeing it a second time (WHY!?) I couldn't help but laugh at his little outbursts.

I've heard nothing but bad things about Jared as a person, and his performance doesn't justify it IMO. With him being so vocally against his scenes being cut, I really do hope they decide to cut him out all together.

At this point I believe that the Justice League movie should have just been "Flashpoint" so they can restart and correct all of the stupid stuff they have done with these movies. 3 movies in we shouldn't still be shaking our heads at the huge mistakes they are making, or sitting through movies because we're holding onto the last shred of hope saying "this will be the one that fixes things!"

I'm curious how much the fan reception will trump the box office earnings. It's [unfortunately] breaking records and for the execs that's probably the only thing that really matters. The cast and crew seem to stand behind their work (have they seen the finished product?) with maybe the exception of Leto grumbling about the scenes that didn't make it into the film. Warner has too much invested in this now to reboot it. I'm sure there are more than a few actors that have been multi-film contracts. If they decided on a reboot (however unlikely that is) would they have to buy those actors out of their contracts?

I. It's [unfortunately] breaking records and for the execs that's probably the only thing that really matters.

As an audience member that frustrates me, I want quality. It REALLY frustrates me as an artist...do they not know how many people who aren't idiots who would love the opportunities they are wasting?

On the other hand...if it's MY retirement savings being invested...I honestly wouldn't care if it was 2 hours of Justin Beiber farting into a coffee can. If you can double my investment you're a bigger hero than Batman ever was.

I'm curious how much the fan reception will trump the box office earnings. It's [unfortunately] breaking records and for the execs that's probably the only thing that really matters. The cast and crew seem to stand behind their work (have they seen the finished product?) with maybe the exception of Leto grumbling about the scenes that didn't make it into the film. Warner has too much invested in this now to reboot it. I'm sure there are more than a few actors that have been multi-film contracts. If they decided on a reboot (however unlikely that is) would they have to buy those actors out of their contracts?

They've made three whole movies in the DCU and, in my opinion, two of them were unfairly maligned. Man of Steel and BvS have become two of my favorite comic book movies. Suicide Squad is really not a good movie but should they reboot the whole DCU because of that?

Last edited:
They've made three whole movies in the DCU and, in my opinion, two of them were unfairly maligned. Man of Steel and BvS have become two of my favorite comic book movies. Suicide Squad is really not a good movie but should they reboot the whole DCU because of that?

They rebooted Spider-Man after the third one. They're rebooting again after the reboot's sequel.

I didn't hate MoS. It's easy enough to find fault in it but I thought it was redeeming enough.
Time will tell whether they'll get better or embarrassingly worse.

They rebooted Spider-Man after the third one. They're rebooting again after the reboot's sequel.

I didn't hate MoS. It's easy enough to find fault in it but I thought it was redeeming enough.
Time will tell whether they'll get better or embarrassingly worse.
For me they've rebooted Spiderman right into the "I don't give a crap anymore" zone and I don't want that to happen to the DCU when it's just getting started.

As an audience member that frustrates me, I want quality. It REALLY frustrates me as an artist...do they not know how many people who aren't idiots who would love the opportunities they are wasting?

On the other hand...if it's MY retirement savings being invested...I honestly wouldn't care if it was 2 hours of Justin Beiber farting into a coffee can. If you can double my investment you're a bigger hero than Batman ever was.

the saddest true statement there ever was.

Maybe one reason why we are seeing these big name franchises given to these run of the mill directors that just don't care about the property. they want short term investment.
not something they can be proud of in the long run. Why b other, when people's tastes have been so low, they'll make Mama June a star if she entertains them with stupidity enough?

Hence why JJ gets star trek, and not someone who loves the universe. hence why Michael Bay gets Ninja Turtles and Transformers. and not someone who loves the universe. hence that other dick gets that move i'm tired of talking about.

Personally, the last movies I liked from DC where the Nolan trilogy. the first movie was excellent. the second one was meh. I liked the third one better. After that.. Man of Steel? Terrible.. no desire to watch again. Same goes for Batman V Superman. I bought the extended edition on VOD, to see if it'd change my mind, I can't bring myself to sit through it again. I have NO desire to see Suicide squad. even if it where largely considered a good movie, becuase what I have seen of it so far, it might as well be an elseworlds story where it doesn't take place in the main timeline.

I'd love to see them reboot it. but if this is what they think the public wants out of these characters, best to let them fail so bad they can't afford to screw them up even more.

Ayer, Snyder, and probably a lot of other directors of the DCCU/MCU films claim to be fans of the comics to some degree. I'm not sure they truly are or if that's lip-service to the fanboys so they feel like their prized icons aren't just being handed over to some corporate studio stooge.

Would you be happier if uber-fanboy Kevin Smith had been given the reigns for MoS and BvS or Suicide Squad? I never read his version of Superman, but I read enough to know it would have been a huge piece of crap. Granted, from what I read it Jon Peters involvement set it on wrong path from the start.

Fanboys have their place, and I think it should be more in the writing than directing. Producers apparently can ruin a movie as much if not more than the director. The has a high degree of creative say, since it's more or less their movie.

At the end of the day it's probably a the sum of all parts that makes it work. Marvel has figured out the magic formula while DC seems to be using common core math for all of their movies.

Ayer, Snyder, and probably a lot of other directors of the DCCU/MCU films claim to be fans of the comics to some degree. I'm not sure they truly are or if that's lip-service to the fanboys so they feel like their prized icons aren't just being handed over to some corporate studio stooge.
It's lip service.

Would you be happier if uber-fanboy Kevin Smith had been given the reigns for MoS and BvS or Suicide Squad? I never read his version of Superman, but I read enough to know it would have been a huge piece of crap.
I don't recall if I ever knew enough about it to regard his treatment as crap. What do you mean?

Would you be happier if uber-fanboy Kevin Smith had been given the reigns for MoS and BvS or Suicide Squad? I never read his version of Superman, but I read enough to know it would have been a huge piece of crap. Granted, from what I read it Jon Peters involvement set it on wrong path from the start.
The script.

Kevin Smith on Superman Lives (The True Hollywood Story.... not really).

The script.

Kevin Smith on Superman Lives (The True Hollywood Story.... not really).

That's hilarious. I mentioned a few posts prior about producers having the ultimate power to ruin a movie from the start and Jon Peters is who I was thinking of. I'm not a huge Kevin Smith fan but that video is awesome. It would definitely be interesting to see what he would have written if there was no studio involvement. It's just sad that you could probably have someone write something that's flawless, and studio people will find a way to made turn it to crap.

I knew John Peters hadn't really been involved with much that was mind blowing... a few cult classics (Caddyshack), Rain Man, but he's no Spielberg, Howard, or Scorsese by any stretch. It's just hilarious that there are guys like him in Hollywood that have enough power to steer a movie in such moronic directions. I didn't know he was a hairdresser.... THAT'S priceless.

I don't know how it works exactly... but Peters has done Warner movies since the beginning. Are producers like him employees of the studios? If so, that would give a little insight into Warner.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back