suicide squad Katana

parfaitelumiere

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello,

I am thinking about making a japanese sword collection, but movie stuff, and someone gave me the good and bad idea to choose Katana from Suicide Squad.
I was thinking and asking if anyone here has some good shots of the suicide squad katana swords, I checked all the google and movies, and no clear shot of the gard, really hard to see anything.
As the costume shave beed displayed, maybe someone here has a good shot of this sword?!

found this one
9yRcijO.jpg

The Menuki decorations are similar to the blossoms on Katana's jacket. No idea what the Tsuba looks like though.

thanks for the informations, yes menuki have cherry blossom design.
For now I found nothing about the tsuba design, just hope to get something.
The edge is very weird, with kind of weird sharpening, can be possible to make similar finish on steel blade.

The weird edge sharpening is a simulated Hamon. Since this is a prop they simulated the heat treating technique common on Japanese swords.

- - - Updated - - -

The tsuba appears to be modeled after sword from World War II as it is smaller in diameter that Common samurai swords.

Being the Chrysanthemum and cherry blossom designs seem to repeat on her costume, I would say the tsuba probably looks like this, with the larger petals removed. possibly a bit oval as well
f6bbe58e89b8e30697a7bc2ee727df88--flower-logo-japanese-flowers.jpgtsuba.png

Last edited:
Yes I was thining about similar idea but it's not, it's something different.
I am familiar with fake hamon design, but this specific prop is really weird, because the weird sharpening is cut inside the blade, same on the shorter sword this is the first time I see such a design.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back