Sucker Punch costume thread

That was you, Heather? Great work! I wish I got a pic with you. I was one of the many Batmen running around.
Aww, you mean I could've had an RPF friend from ECCC? Now I'm :(
I was at ECCC, too. Wish I could have met you guys! Would have definitely loved to check out the Amber costume in person. :) I'm trying to get one assembled for Dragon*Con with the help of a friend. The more pics that come out, the crazier the costume looks!

I think the most interesting thing in those display photos is that whoever set them up ( obviously a guy ) had no idea that buttons tend to go on the FRONT of a skirt... :|

See the Babydoll display if you haven't already noticed. xD

But amazing and extremely helpful photos! Thanks for sharing the link, Cereza!

Hi all,

I stumbled upon your forum and wanted to confirm that the goggles are Halcyon Mk IX Goggles as we were the supplier for the movie.

Here is a picture from our website.

30flsup28Halcyon-goggles.jpg

Now we know the exact ones.

Halcyon Mark IX Vintage Aviator Goggle (Brown). Thanks for the confirmation!

The paint job came out horrible, but I just wanted to see how the graphics looked on the gun. Not bad at all, now to scrape it all off and do it again! The graphics are water slide decals, with the right clear coat it'll blend flawlessly with the rest of the paint job.

I "finished" the first three charms. The epoxy paste made this impossible to do. The girl who is selling the charms told me she did them with polymer clay, here in Argentina called "porcelana fría". I'll try to do the bunny and the hourglass with that, cuz with epoxy i tried like tree times and it's impossible xD I really went crazy. They are just missing the shiny lacquer and some painting details ^^

2vi1pmo.jpg

Now we know the exact ones.

Halcyon Mark IX Vintage Aviator Goggle (Brown). Thanks for the confirmation!

And now that my wrong ones have arrived I can return them and order the right ones from Spitfire Emporium.

These are well made, very nice construction.

The costumes that have been posted are looking good. I can't wait till this movie comes out!

Think I'm gonna make one of the masked German soldier costumes.

I was at ECCC, too. Wish I could have met you guys! Would have definitely loved to check out the Amber costume in person. :) I'm trying to get one assembled for Dragon*Con with the help of a friend. The more pics that come out, the crazier the costume looks!
Were you in costume at ECCC? Did you see little purple elf on Friday because that was me too. :)

My first post, yay!

I just got back from Emerald City ComiCon where I debuted my Amber costume:
196324_10150109922687298_509547297_6168495_3104184_n.jpg

197926_10150108485602298_509547297_6150936_5388701_n.jpg

I plan on recreating it with better fabrics before SDCC. This one was a little bit of a rush job to have it ready in time for ECCC. I still need to get myself a holster, too. Found the exact one I needed on amazon for about $200 and that's way more than I'm able to spend, unfortunately. :-/

Can't wait to see everyone else's SP costumes!
Wow. That was you? I loved the work on the costume.. it wasn't until i looked back here (to this thread) that I could tell how close you were.. I thought you pretty much nailed it!!

I've just came from the avant premiere. Don't want to spoil anything, but be aware.

(** MAYBE SOME SPOILERS ***)

They've managed to sell you something, an action movie, so you want to go and see it. Girls, guns, zombies, blahbalbha, which is not. Seemed superficial, but not, again. The action is not factor number one, despite of that being the most you see on the film. They've told us YOU WILL BE UNPREPARED.
It has a pretty strong story, some may be not be prepared for that.
I wasn't. Not one bit. It depends on your current status and personal facts.
I'm glad I was right about this film, I told my boyfriend " I know I'm going to end up crying ", b-doll's story was very heavy itself and no many people paid attention to that. Somethings can be covered up with color-lights and cgi, but just for a while, then comes the sucker-punch. I'm glad I was right feeling like doing b-doll costume.
It's a complex movie, with a lot of thing a lot of people wouldn't like nor understand.
Appart from the costumes, i'd like to see what you think, when the movie releases.

Sorry for the offtoppic.

Last edited:
yea, just reading through the Art Book I felt it'd be a heavy movie. You have the Art book right? Is the explanation of Baby Doll's sword any indication of how the movie is?

yea, just reading through the Art Book I felt it'd be a heavy movie. You have the Art book right? Is the explanation of Baby Doll's sword any indication of how the movie is?

Yes, I do have it. But I can't tell you that. That would be a terrible spoiler indeed xD.
But yes, you're right about the artbook. It made me feel the same way, reading it gives you another perspective.

Late last year, my wife and some friends decided to do the costumes for the movie premier on March 23 here in the Philippines, it officially opens on March 25. Originally, we had a full cast of the girls but some had to back out due to work or health reasons. We fortunately were able to get a few willing backups and will only be missing Rocket for the premier.

My wife completed her Blondie costume two nights ago, using the trailer, the few screenshots online and most importantly, the references i found in this thread, plus LOTS of imagination. Lucky for us we already had a lot of the parts from previous costumes and were easily able to modify them for Blondie.

She bought a one piece black swimsuit with a similar texture to the costume, then put a corset(from last year's one use Baroness costume) and leggings. Then she bought US$6 knee supports at a sporting goods store and i was able to find a set of knee/shin guards with elbow/arm guards for less than $7. it looks near perfect with her knee high boots.
i had a lot of brown leatherette and thick leather-like material that we used for the arm sleeves, straps, holsters and belts. i fabricated the pistol holster, hatchet holster and what looks like a backpack holding spare MP5K magazines. it took us a while to figure out how the straps go on Blondie. my wife says its even harder to put on this costume compared to her clonetrooper armor. her entire costume cost less than $100 not including the airsoft MP5K and real metal Hatchet tool we had.

i already had a gas mask which i use for airsoft so i decided to make the Zombie Soldier that Blondie beats up in the trailer. other cheap parts included a military green trenchcoat at a surplus store, leather belts which i can still use for work after, a cheap metal chinese-made german style helmet, belt pouches coming from my tusken raider bandolier and other airsoft accessories i already had. total is less than $50.

Our Madam Gorski got all her costume pieces on Sunday, we just convinced her to do the character on Saturday. Sweetpea had a sword and shoulder pauldron armor made out of tin, her coat may not be leather but it was also really cheap. two friends are stitching it now, later we'll install the grommets and lace it up. Our Babydoll is sewing her entire costume today, good thing its rather tiny. Amber had her costume professionally done, she picked that one because she said she had panty exhibitionist tendencies :p holsters and plastic guns were all provided by another friend who is going as a zombie soldier too. everything was bought at flea markets or military supply.

its also nice that we have a good rapport with the local Warner Brothers distribution, having worked with them in the past for the Clone Wars movie promotions. they readily agreed that we can bring our entire weapons arsenal consisting of plastic airsoft guns, some display swords(katanas and rapiers) plus real steel, sharpened knives and a hatchet. as long as we store them safely in the office right before the screening begins.

thanks so much to the RPF for all the references posted here.
this thread was perfect for completing the costumes.
i'll post more photos after the movie when the girls are in their complete costumes.

sorry for the double post previously, i'll edit it with an update.

until last night we were working on the costumes for the other girls. sweetpea and baby doll.
first, sweetpea was looking for a leather or leather-like trenchcoat, but living in a tropical country makes that next to impossible, they had to scrounge the flea markets (known locally as "Ukay Ukay" which means 'to dig') she found a decent looking heavy wool coat that was fit for her thin frame. another friend helped her cut it in two and remove the right arm sleeve. then last night we put grommets/eyelets along the front and back. after crimping over 40 button snaps for Blondie the other day and over 80 grommets, my hands are blistered. they are making minor modifications to sweetpea for the premier tonight.
baby doll was a different story, she had the costume made by a professional, unfortunately, even though she was measured for the job, the seamstress probably couldn't believe she was that tiny a girl and added extra inches, which looked huge when worn. baby doll was distressed and almost in tears. she snapped at her boyfriend who suggested she come over to our place for help. they were able to fix the wrap around skirt using velcro and hooks so it fits better. there is nothing we can do about the top at this point. it now looks like an anime style costume.

i brought the entire arsenal of weapons with me to work, its all stored in our threepio armor bag, safe and secure in my car. thats so the girls will only have to worry about bringing their costumes and putting on their makeup/hair. i can't wait for the IMAX premier tonight.

i'll let you know if the movie is good(no spoilers) and if making the costumes is worth it (it usually is)

Last edited:
I've just came from the avant premiere. Don't want to spoil anything, but be aware.

(** MAYBE SOME SPOILERS ***)

They've managed to sell you something, an action movie, so you want to go and see it. Girls, guns, zombies, blahbalbha, which is not. Seemed superficial, but not, again. The action is not factor number one, despite of that being the most you see on the film. They've told us YOU WILL BE UNPREPARED.
It has a pretty strong story, some may be not be prepared for that.
I wasn't. Not one bit. It depends on your current status and personal facts.
I'm glad I was right about this film, I told my boyfriend " I know I'm going to end up crying ", b-doll's story was very heavy itself and no many people paid attention to that. Somethings can be covered up with color-lights and cgi, but just for a while, then comes the sucker-punch. I'm glad I was right feeling like doing b-doll costume.
It's a complex movie, with a lot of thing a lot of people wouldn't like nor understand.
Appart from the costumes, i'd like to see what you think, when the movie releases.

Sorry for the offtoppic.

Wow well I'm still excited to see this movie but now I'm just curious if it was good?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back