Studio Scale 1933 King Kong Stop Motion Puppet Replica

Just wanted to post a little teaser pic from my newly updated website. The Empire State building dome is a studio scale model built by renowned Kong expert Jack Polito, and yes those biplanes are pics of the actual filming model used in Kong that were photoshopped in.

Don't know how I missed this thread... I'm speechless. Just amazing, and really captures something that was dear to me as a child in the 70's...

AWESOME! :love

OMIGOD :love:love:love

I can't believe I missed this thread too. I want one. Seriously. I've held the original Kong and MJY armatures (in the presence of Bob Burns of course) and this would be the icing on the cake to this Kong fanatic.

This is the best looking Kong I've seen. Even better than Dave Allen's Kong from the VW commerical and his Imax special.

Are you member over on stopmotionanimation.com? If not, you should be. Those guys will go nuts over this. Lot's of pros hang out there.

Are you still offering these??

Last edited:
Tom Brierton is a great guy and craftsman. I own one his gorilla armatures and helped him on his latest short.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back