Star Wars Launch Bay Opens @ Disneyland

Saw the ships at the Hollywood Studios Launch Bay last week. Shame to see armor plating starting to fall off the Blockade Runner. That is one hella big and cool model. Shocked at how plain the SD looked in person. TFA Falcon was pretty slick as well.

I can't wait to see more on everything that went into pulling off this display in both parks.

-Gary

Guys, we have removed a number of posts as they violate NDAs. The last thing we want is an C&D from Disney. If you have signed an NDA, please respect it, both for your own honor and for this community's safety.

Gary the picture wasn't in violation.... Me talking about it was... addressing the behind the scene issues violated the NDA apparently.

Is there a Star Wars Facepalm MEME around there somewhere? I certainly feel like posting one.

Sorry if I got anyone in trouble with my observation. I just hated seeing such a nice model suffering so soon after being on display.

Violated the NDA... Please... On this forum if there is anyone that doesn't KNOW for a fact or at least strongly suspect that all of those pieces in the launchbays are works form known members around here... they are in the wrong place. its information we at least "strongly suspect" and I'd bet cash money that I could get at least 1/2 of the makers name correct. Too Funny. What's secret about info everyone already knows... just silly.

Now I say all that having been involved in a number of them through the years... at some point they all become overcome by events... this one will too...
I would like a 100% confirmed list of credits just so I can give atta-boys to the correct people... You know who you are ;)

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
When NDA do not make sense at all..... It's not like you've worked on the next SW movie and showed secret designs.
And for behind the scene of the Launch Bay, I presume that no one thought that those models were coming out of a unicorn's arse but was made by real people with real materials.
And apart us, I'm not sure that a lot of people are interested in how and by who it has been made.
When corporation thinks that everything they do matter so much but not..... :)
Nice example of "Idiocracy"....

And it is just my humble opinion and mine only.

Guys, it's Disney. No one should be surprised an NDA was draconian, and I have just edited this post because "Disney" LOL

I agree. I still think we should be allowed to say what we think about those NDA. Mainly when they are stupid. :)
I think is good to point out to people when they acting silly. They may learn something. Who knows.

I don't think it's silly or stupid. It's a hard line they have every right to legally take, and we're not used to that. I think this is where the "shock" is coming from.

OK maybe I was not clear in my previous post... I was intending to be flippant. and having been part of NDA's in the past they always expire after "whatever" corporate secret becomes public knowledge... their intent is to protect some advantage or strategy the company is employing tech their developing etc... and its "still" true that the vast majority of park goers look at those and can believe they are screen used items. "We" know differently, but "we" are a infinitesimally small percentage of the populace at large... so I can see why they want to maintain the illusion as long as possible...

As I said above... I just wanna give proper Kudos/credit to the proper folks. NDA or No NDA.

and as Jason indicates - its Disney's playground they make the rules.

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back