Star Wars blu ray in September

Dude does grow up to be an eveil-Hitler-in-space. I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to like him, even as a teen.

If I watched them in numeric order (I-VI), I think I would be exasperated by Anakin for the 2nd and early parts of the 3rd films, but hopeful that he would grow out of his teenage idiocy and make the right choices.

That said, knowing what he becomes before going into those films...I would completely agree, we can't like him. Pity him, possibly, but even that is tough since the vast majority of the pain he endures has been brought on by his own actions.

Ki-Adi-Mundi: Your thoughts dwell on your mother.
Anakin: I miss her.
Yoda: Afraid to lose her I think, hmm?
Anakin: What has that got to do with anything?
Yoda: Everything! Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.

Yoda is a superdouche. Really, why can't a fatherless 9 year old kid miss his only parent?

Because the Jedi were baby stealers and even Yoda never met his parents. So, to them, it is all a "What the hell is wrong with you, kid?!" kinda thing. It is irrational to the Jedi...ya know, the whole attachment thing.

Oh ok, so all pre ANH Jedi, not just Yoda. (I am just having fun at this point Qui)

OT Fanatic: Geezus George, what parts did you tinker with now?
George: Everything! Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to tinkering. I sense much fear in me.

On a side note, it really would be fun to pair together RPF Prequel fanatics with OT fanatics to watch the 6-pack.

well i hope they haven't replaced the puppet yoda in empire and jedi, theres no need, Frank did a great perfomance through the puppet.
I personally can't wait for this set, and shall have a good time wading through it all.

Who here has the original laserdisc versions?
Would you recommend someone getting a laserdisc player for those versions? Or are those versions released in the previous DVD set roughly equivalent?

Who here has the original laserdisc versions?
Would you recommend someone getting a laserdisc player for those versions? Or are those versions released in the previous DVD set roughly equivalent?

Unless you want the LDs as collectables there's no need. The DVD version is the same transfer, and look at least as good if not a bit better.

Ki-Adi-Mundi: Your thoughts dwell on your mother.
Anakin: I miss her.
Yoda: Afraid to lose her I think, hmm?
Anakin: What has that got to do with anything?
Yoda: Everything! Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.

That conversation was cruel and one-sided, but the worst one came from episode III.

Yoda: Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.

What kind of advice is that? It's too generic and non-specific to be helpful to someone who's obviously worried and confused. Rather than delve more deeply into this matter regarding a person's potential death, Yoda just falls back on his philosophy that everything is a path to the dark side and declares this meeting a resounding success. :thumbsup

But hey, he'll be CGI in episode 1 so all will be forgiven.....

The Jedi were arrogant and short sighted. Maybe its just me, but a lot of faults Palpatine pointed out regarding the Jedi were very true. Even in ESB a ROTJ, Yoda and OB1 didnt have things quite right. Its Luke who set it all straight. To me the message is balance. Everyone has a little dark side here and there, but extremes in any direction are no good.

Just a suggestion that we take movie discussion to the ten kajillion other threads about them and stick to Blu-Ray specific talk here...

Yoda: Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.

What kind of advice is that? It's too generic and non-specific to be helpful to someone who's obviously worried and confused. Rather than delve more deeply into this matter regarding a person's potential death, Yoda just falls back on his philosophy that everything is a path to the dark side and declares this meeting a resounding success. :thumbsup

Congratulations, you've taken the sarcasm train so far around the track, you accidentally stumbled onto an interpretation.

You think it was for mere circumstance that the Jedi fell? Yoda is so crestfallen at his ultimate failure because he realizes the flaw of approach the Jedi had been taking for centuries, as it was exploited by Palpatine.

Yoda's advice sounds that way to you because it was written to sound that way. The flawed Jedi had to fall to give Luke something to restore balance to.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back