Star Trek TNG Geordi's Beige, ENG. Tool

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I started working on one of these some years ago with the help of a machinist to get the tapered. flat ended cone piece machined from acrylic with a hollow core for the addition of LEDs to make this a hero prop.
The conical section has a threaded end which screws into a small section of acrylic that I cut a notch into to allow for the slide switch to sit near the end of the prop, the same as the original.
The main body is a section of clear acrylic tube, 32mm in diameter, cut down with a slot section also cut out for the slide switch.
Geordi-Engineering-Scanner-WIP-1.jpg

Electronics are not my speciality so I use things I can find and this LED Santa Hat was perfect, with its 5 LED chaser circuit.
I found it in a local discount shop last Christmas and bought a few with the mind to use them in future props.
LED-Santa-Hat.jpg

Your looks great!

That tool was a hot seller back in the day when we sold them at Cons
I wasn't aware there were replicas made, I've never seen any photos online, other than the original screen used prop that sold in PiH auction years ago.
I'd love to see photos of your replicas.
Were they made from found parts or custom made parts?
Thanks

I wasn't aware there were replicas made, I've never seen any photos online, other than the original screen used prop that sold in PiH auction years ago.
I'd love to see photos of your replicas.
Were they made from found parts or custom made parts?
Thanks
I sold my personal one years ago and I never took pics of it.

They were all custom made as well as the parts

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back