Star Trek Picard Season Three

Very late to this party, but we watch Trek shows as a family and my son was unable to be present together with us for a looooong time. Just watched most of this season this past weekend.

A few thoughts & questions...

What happened to the Borg from last season? Why were they no longer around to help with these Jupiter Borg? Wouldn't they have picked up on the transwarp conduit activity and neural network in proximity?

Was there a good explanation for the evolved Changelings ever given? Why were they so bent on "revenge"? Did the cure for the disease the Federation gave them at the end of the Dominion War do something to them or to the Great Link?

If Picard is no longer in his actual formerly assimilated body, how could he hear the Borg now?

Why couldn't Seven hear the Borg? Or any of the other former Borg that have been seen in other shows/seasons?

I am not pleased with Shelby making Admiral. She was not a nice character. They could have chosen so many other characters far worthier of fleet command than that one. Heck enough time has passed that B'elanna Torres could have made rank and had that role.

Titan is an UGLY ship. Very unbalanced, clunky design. Looks like a Lego interpretation of a Trek ship made by a young child. I'm not happy with it being rechristened 1701-G. It's not worthy of the Enterprise name. Would much rather have seen the 1701-F given to Seven.

Beverly acts like Wesley is dead... but he showed up for the wedding in one of the movies, yes? So it stands to reason that he's still able to drop in and communicate. Am I missing something there?

Why on earth would they NOT send Data in to deal with the Borg??? The most powerful AI in the known universe, and they're going to leave him at the helm rather than see if he can disrupt the Borg cyberattack? DUMB.

Beverly acts like Wesley is dead... but he showed up for the wedding in one of the movies, yes? So it stands to reason that he's still able to drop in and communicate. Am I missing something there?
Yup. He was seen briefly at the beginning of Nemesis at Riker and Deanna wedding party. Him showing up wasn't the strange part. If you recall the last time we saw Weasley he and the Traveler took off to explore the galaxy or some such nonsense so Weasley LEFT STARFLEET! So why was he at the wedding wearing a Starfleet uniform?!

Yup. He was seen briefly at the beginning of Nemesis at Riker and Deanna wedding party. Him showing up wasn't the strange part. If you recall the last time we saw Weasley he and the Traveler took off to explore the galaxy or some such nonsense so Weasley LEFT STARFLEET! So why was he at the wedding wearing a Starfleet uniform?!
The deleted scenes with Weakly in the same movie made even less sense with his newly non-corporeal state.

IMG_1269.jpeg

Very late to this party, but we watch Trek shows as a family and my son was unable to be present together with us for a looooong time. Just watched most of this season this past weekend.

A few thoughts & questions...

What happened to the Borg from last season? Why were they no longer around to help with these Jupiter Borg? Wouldn't they have picked up on the transwarp conduit activity and neural network in proximity?

Was there a good explanation for the evolved Changelings ever given? Why were they so bent on "revenge"? Did the cure for the disease the Federation gave them at the end of the Dominion War do something to them or to the Great Link?

If Picard is no longer in his actual formerly assimilated body, how could he hear the Borg now?

Why couldn't Seven hear the Borg? Or any of the other former Borg that have been seen in other shows/seasons?

I am not pleased with Shelby making Admiral. She was not a nice character. They could have chosen so many other characters far worthier of fleet command than that one. Heck enough time has passed that B'elanna Torres could have made rank and had that role.

Titan is an UGLY ship. Very unbalanced, clunky design. Looks like a Lego interpretation of a Trek ship made by a young child. I'm not happy with it being rechristened 1701-G. It's not worthy of the Enterprise name. Would much rather have seen the 1701-F given to Seven.

Why on earth would they NOT send Data in to deal with the Borg??? The most powerful AI in the known universe, and they're going to leave him at the helm rather than see if he can disrupt the Borg cyberattack? DUMB.
Long story short: Non-canon crappy writing.

Just watched this and if this is what passes as good Trek, it saddens me to see how far this once great franchise has fallen

But, them member berries!! :lol::lol:
Wholeheartedly agreed.

I liked it, but I’m surprised more haven’t mentioned Amanda Plummer as Vadic. Good actress in other things, but this was a solid contender for worst performance in Star Trek ever and that’s saying something.

She was actually cackling. Muahahaha, look how evil I am!!! Weeeeee!

I enjoyed the plot though. And rest of the performances were good. Ed Speelers was a solid choice for Jack.

Considering the smoldering ruins that they were given of the disastrous seasons 1 and 2 of Picard, I think they performed a minor miracle with season 3.

Yeah, the ending had a pretty clunky conclusion (Picard again uses “the power of the 5 minute pep talk” to rescue Jack from the Borg, while the Enterprise morphed into the Millennium Falcon in ROTJ) but there were so many other things that they got right.

Sorry to dig up an old thread.
I don't have Paramount+ so I've never seen any of this show, but the other day I saw a sale for season 3 on my VuDu so I went ahead and bought it. Isn't this the season that has all the Next Gen characters in it? Because that's what I really want to see. Do I really need to watch seasons 1 and 2 to know what is going on?

Isn't this the season that has all the Next Gen characters in it?

Yes.

Do I really need to watch seasons 1 and 2 to know what is going on?

Not really. (And you wouldn't want to anyway -- they're not very good.) The only things you need to know from seasons 1 and 2 is that the character of Raffi exists and is an old friend of Picard's, and that Picard has a wholly-artificial body now, a la his old artificial heart. Just...now it's an artificial everything.

Do I really need to watch seasons 1 and 2 to know what is going on?
No, you don't.

There are a COUPLE things mentioned, references to 1+2 that might be a little bit confusing like the fact that Picard is now in an android body and that the BORG went all "hippie" in the second season and that Q died too but there are probably dozens of youtube videos that will cover them if you REALLY want to know the details.

Sorry to dig up an old thread.
I don't have Paramount+ so I've never seen any of this show, but the other day I saw a sale for season 3 on my VuDu so I went ahead and bought it. Isn't this the season that has all the Next Gen characters in it? Because that's what I really want to see. Do I really need to watch seasons 1 and 2 to know what is going on?
Yes it is and no you don't unless you want to feel like you've had that Vulcan pinch from Spock I'd leave them well alone.
A quick flick through this thread will give you the basics and far less painful to absorb..
There is only one Big thing that happens in S1 to Picard which sort of changes things..

Last edited:
Seasons 1 & 2 have a lot to like, but they're also very uneven. For me, it was worth it to watch them, but I have no great need to go back and see them again. I will say that S2 has incredible performances by John De Lancie, it's honestly the best I have seen him in the role of Q. And there is some great insanity by Brent Spiner as a Soong ancestor (man, the genetics are STRONG in that family ;)). I'd say if you can find them without having to spend hard earned dough, give it a shot. But you don't really need to go out of your way to see them to enjoy S3.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back