Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home 35th Anniversary REMASTERED

£80 for the first four movies in 4K is disgraceful, especially given how I doubt Paramount has even cleaned up the TMP theatrical master which was used for the very dirty Blu-ray. There's no excuse for not giving fans the Robert Wise cut on either Blu-ray or 4K. As Gregatron has said above, Paramount and CBS only care about ripping off the few Trek fans who are left. There's no audience for any of the unwatchable, racist, misandristic, woke drivel Kurtzman has been putting out, with viewing figures on free to air having been abysmal across the world. I'll put my head above the parapet right now and say we probably won't get TFF and TUC on 4K because the sales of this 4K set will be non existent. We might get the DC of TMP as I've read some of the work already seems to have been done.

CBS has refused to remaster DS9 and Voyager because sales of the TNG Blu-rays were so poor. With this in mind, I'm surprised the first 4 movies have come out. There's no way Paramount will get back the cost of the remastering process. If I had 4K equipment, knowing how the greedy bean counters at Paramount work, I'd be waiting for the 6 movie set to come out, and the waiting for the price to halve in the sales. I really don't want a 5th copy of TWOK. I've learnt my lesson after paying over £200 for the separate TNG Blu-ray season sets, only to then later see the boxset at £45.

Has there been word about a physical release for the TMP DE? They’ve announced that it’ll be on Paramount + for a certain window of time. I get the vibe that it’ll be exclusively on the streaming service (to bolster interest) for awhile, and then get a 4K release some time later.

Has there been word about a physical release for the TMP DE? They’ve announced that it’ll be on Paramount + for a certain window of time. I get the vibe that it’ll be exclusively on the streaming service (to bolster interest) for awhile, and then get a 4K release some time later.

They will include it as a bonus disc in the upcoming Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Picard 4K box sets….you will have to buy one of those boxes of misery to get the 4K version of STTMP: The Director’s Edition.

Someone from CBS likely just ran away from their computer, upon seeing this thread, with “a genius idea for boosting those Discovery and Picard sales…”

…and then they’ll put “the one with the whales” on there by mistake, because that’s the only one which non-fan civilians know. Since they can’t be bothered to do even the most cursory research while making their little streaming shows, like reading the Memory Alpha wiki or, y’know, watching STAR TREK.

There are a couple of articles over at Trekcore.com, but bear in mind, much of it is a shill site for CBS and Paramount.

First Four STAR TREK Films Get New 4K UHD Remasters in September, Full Details and Cover Art Announced

Director's Edition of STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE to Be Remastered, Restored for 4K Release

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back