Star Lord helmet AND accessories!!! by Helagak!

That makes sense in theory, but for instance taking the "eyes" piece and then adding the "eyebrow" above it, if both are made of floor mat foam and are the same thickness, is it just a matter of offsetting the eyebrow outward by however much looks good? By contrast, if I were building from scratch in my normal fashion, I'd have the eye piece and forehead piece joined as one and then lay the brow ridge on top of it.

Sorry for the dumb questions; even though I've been building in foam for quite awhile, I've never used a pep model at all for anything before.

I made the JFCustom version, and I just offset the pieces that were different heights. I had to do a bit of reinforcing on the inside for some of the really dramatic differences, but I just used extra hot glue (though I could have probably used pieces of thinner craft foam or something similar). You can probably do it as a separate piece overlaid on top as well, if you're more confident in that method, though I personally haven't tried it because I am not good at scratch builds and need a pattern to follow!

Has an unfolded, ready to print, PAPER file been posted yet? Sorry I'm new to this and there are so many pages to go through. The only files I have been able to find are for foam.
Thanks, and again, sorry for my noob-ness.

Sorry is this is a dumb question, it's my first time attempting to make something out of foam. In the pep file there are parts pulled off to the side in a pile, are these just parts that are too difficult to make with foam?

Sorry is this is a dumb question, it's my first time attempting to make something out of foam. In the pep file there are parts pulled off to the side in a pile, are these just parts that are too difficult to make with foam?

Yup exactly. You could drag them onto the paper but the parts are either to small, thin, etc... You'd probably want to make them out of other materials (ex: straws, toothpicks, pvc pipe, etc..)

I am working on my piece and I am not sure but I may just be horrible at this. Things don't fit together perfectly and I have lots of visible glue everywhere. Does this get covered during mod podge / plasti dip phase?

Here is my blasters so far, think I am happy for now. WP_20140929_20_52_52_Pro.jpgWP_20140929_20_53_40_Pro.jpg

Here is my update on how I did my blaster holster, used elastic material, heavy duty velcro strips, and button snaps. It did the trick for a first attempt cosplay.WP_20141003_21_09_54_Pro.jpgWP_20141003_21_10_04_Pro.jpgWP_20141003_21_10_16_Pro.jpg

Anyone putting LED's in their helmet for the eyes?
I bought a cheap LED bracelet off ebay to cannibalize but it turns out the LEDs are sound activated only. Im not great with building circuits so I've been looking for LEDs I can take out of something and just glue to the inside of my helmet.

Thanks for the files Helagak. I'm closing in on being done on both this and the trench coat. Just seven days until the first event where this all has to be complete.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Sorry for the noob question, but this is my first attempt at anything cosplay. For the helmet measurements when scaling in pep, how should I be measuring? Should I measure height from top to bottom of where the helmet should sit, so ignoring a centimeter or two on the top? Thanks everyone for this fantastic site, I've learned A LOT from it.

Edit: To clarify: I've seen a lot of tuts of how to measure for scaling, but most have come out with a helmet that is too large for padding and electronics. Given that there is no top to Star-Lord's, it has to fit snug. I am going to make mine out of EVA, but just need some help with the scaling. Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry for the noob question, but this is my first attempt at anything cosplay. For the helmet measurements when scaling in pep, how should I be measuring? Should I measure height from top to bottom of where the helmet should sit, so ignoring a centimeter or two on the top? Thanks everyone for this fantastic site, I've learned A LOT from it.

Edit: To clarify: I've seen a lot of tuts of how to measure for scaling, but most have come out with a helmet that is too large for padding and electronics. Given that there is no top to Star-Lord's, it has to fit snug. I am going to make mine out of EVA, but just need some help with the scaling. Thanks.

There's a really good "how to measure" here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=148889&page=96&p=3376464&viewfull=1#post3376464

Just make sure to remember to add a bit of extra space to account for the thickness of the foam. I didn't, and my helmet fit SO snugly that I had no air circulation around my forehead (my lenses fogged up very badly!) and I had no room for electronics.

Helagak, do you still have the textured 3d model of Starlords helmet? If so, could I have a copy of it please, as I am working on a Guardians project myself.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back