St. louis Prop Party/Matsucorp open house

Man I'm sorry, but I just got the 16 locked in so that means we are go for launch.

So officially it is to be on June 16, From 10 am til ??
Location is The historic Lemp Brewery in downtown St. Louis, Go to http://maps.google.com/ and type in... Cherokee St & Lemp Ave
St Louis, MO 63118 for the location.
I don't intend on taking any money at the door but contributions to the refreshment fund will be happily accepted.

Now..it's big space...it's a warehouse in a very old building complex, which means I need to go in and do a good days worth of clean up...sweeping, mopping, moving things around, putting things on top of other things etc.
So if anyone is free on a weekend between now and then and feels like coming down I sure could use the help.

We have a decent PA system so tunes are set. I'm bringing my grill and perhaps conscripting another, so foods will happen. I'll get some edibles and drinkables, but if you want to bring a cooler with your own contribution to the consumables you are more than welcome.

I need to figure out what time we want to start, I'm sure it really doesn't matter as I'll be there early...and it'll run as long as there are people still standing.

We have display cases aplenty in case anyone wants to display their props securely, we have a few tables otherwise, and fewer chairs so you might want to bring a chair.

Dress for adventure...this aint no library or VFW hall, this is "something else" :D

Let me work out some more details and compile them in a coherent manner and I will have it stuck to the top of the thread.

Go to http://maps.google.com/ and type in... Cherokee St & Lemp Ave
St Louis, MO 63118 for the location.

In the meantime lets get a confirmed headcount.

Matt

Fudge. In the back of my mind I just knew there was something I was forgetting.

And I asked my wife yesterday and she reminded me that's when the auction of her Grandmothers property is going on and she wants me there.

I am so pissed right now, the one thing I could actually attend that's prop related.

Guess I'm out.:angry

How's the 23rd then...moving it back isn't too hard but I still need to get approval...would give me more time to prepare at any rate.

M

Well the 23rd would work for me, but this whole thing doesn't revolve around me.
You should plan it for whichever date you like, it's your gig.:)

Still, I'd like to accomodate as best I can.

It is going to be BTW a proper party...I got an AV crew now, and we'll be projecting slides and hopefully digital video on the walls.

M

23rd would be cool, but it is of course up to you.:)

You planning on having tables available for people to display stuff on?

I also have a heap of stuff I'd gladly donate for door prizes/give-a-ways.

Plenty of tables as well as display cases if anyone has anything they don't want to watch like a hawk...it's nice to be able to leave your stuff in a safe place while you walk about and chat and not worry about it.

I'll leave that up to each attendee's discretion how they want to secure and display their goodies.

We got chairs aplenty too.

Giveaways are always nice, I may raffle off a blaster or something as a door prize.

M

I really need some feedback here guys, either here or privately.

Oh and here's something crazy...I'm having an event on both weekends...

the 16th and the 23rd...Hows that tickle your transistors..;)

M

I am definitely interested and I am looking forward to meeting all of you and picking your brain since I am just getting into the hobby.

I am 99% probably for attendance and the venue sounds awsome.

Anyone wishing to attend please PM me for exact directions, the complex is vast and we don't want anyone wandering lost...there are stories of bizzare creatures inhabiting the forgotten sections of the complex...not worried really just sayin' is all...;)

And like I mentioned before, there's going to be a party there this saturday June 16, starting at 4:00 pm so if anyone is in the neighborgood come on by.

The scheduled "prop party" will be next weekend June 23, we can get it rolling at noon but contact me if you want to or need to come earlier.

Matt

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back