SS TOS Klingon D-7

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sapper36 @ Dec 19 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]1381114[/snapback]</div>
Try doing Autobalance on the top screen cap in MS Photopaint - Looks 2-toned to me...
[/b]

Can you save and repost the pic here so we can see it??

Please... :D

Lynn

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kevoris @ Dec 19 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]1381029[/snapback]</div>
Hey, everyone.

I've got a couple more photos that might interest you and Lynn.
Bill
[/b]

Thanks.. Is this the same ship that was posted earlier?

Lynn

klingon_d7.jpg

Try that on for size - Looks grey on top & greenish underneath, could be lighting, but seems to match The other paint scheme to me.

Man... You may be on to something, what happens with the other star feild pic when you do that???

Where is Phase Pistol and his DVD capture capabilites when you need him??

Oooh Phase Pistol.... where are you, we need you.. :lol

Lynn

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sapper36 @ Dec 19 2006, 10:52 PM) [snapback]1381316[/snapback]</div>
Looks grey on top & greenish underneath, could be lighting, but seems to match The other paint scheme to me.
[/b]

Hmm, but look at the underside of the bridge section: it also has a splash of that different hue. Since it's a curved surface I doubt they'd have painted the underside of that portion differently, so I'd say it's light. ;)

I'm still unconvinced. The desk top model was Obviously 2 colors. The screen shot model looks more like a lighting effect to me then a different color... And IF its a differnet color it looks to be a lighter and darker share of gray vs. gray and green...

Jedi Dade

Thanks for the pics Karl..
Now some of those look the grey color.. :confused :confused
I may just do mine Intermediate blue as that looks like a good color.

I love the pics of the phaser shots that seem to eminate from no source on the engine nacells. :lol

Lynn

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sapper36 @ Dec 19 2006, 09:57 PM) [snapback]1381114[/snapback]</div>
Try doing Autobalance on the top screen cap in MS Photopaint - Looks 2-toned to me...
[/b]

I was thinking this even before your post... My money is on two-toned...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PHArchivist @ Dec 23 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]1383498[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sapper36 @ Dec 19 2006, 09:57 PM) [snapback]1381114[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

So if you were going to paint it you would go with 2 tone??

Lynn

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lynn TXP 0369 @ Dec 24 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]1383882[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PHArchivist @ Dec 23 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]1383498[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sapper36 @ Dec 19 2006, 09:57 PM) [snapback]1381114[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

So if you were going to paint it you would go with 2 tone??

Lynn
[/b][/quote]

I think I would, Lynn. If anything, for interest. I always thought the original Klingon battle cruiers (in all grey) was the most austere and boring finish job of any professional studio model. This sounds like a heavy slam -- its not. The design is one of my favorites, but there's just not much there in the finish job. Even the E (which is also all grey) has more color going on and more surface detail.

Due to my thoughts on the all grey finish, combined with the known fact that the desk model was two-toned, I'd do it two toned too... The pics above (screen grabs) are enough to lock it in for me.

How good was the film stock (or medium) that they used on TOS in the late 60's in relating true color?

The multiple generations necessitated by those effects shots would not suggest that the colors being represented in them are anything like the subjects being photographed.

I still say that splash of color on the underside of the foreward module suggests it is not the paint job creating the look.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadwell @ Dec 25 2006, 05:30 AM) [snapback]1384376[/snapback]</div>
The multiple generations necessitated by those effects shots would not suggest that the colors being represented in them are anything like the subjects being photographed.

I still say that splash of color on the underside of the foreward module suggests it is not the paint job creating the look.
[/b]

So are you leaning more towards the all grey color? and not the two tone scheme?

I thought in your last post you leand more towards the two tone... Just curiuos.

Lynn

Ok a few things
the D-7 scott had photographed has the decal for the front bridge flipped up side down Post #2
as shown on what is supposed to be the REAL deal from Rodenberry Post # 6 .
I took the liberty to correct the photo along with a comparison shot ,Post 6. so when you get the decal sheet make sure you put it on right side up.
also the windows on the round
bottom section need to be closer to the center and not such a large gap between them so all the windows need to be moved a bit over ,use the red square above the photon tube to line them up also see post 16 for more shots of the real thing.
Next not to beat a dead subject but in the IDIC pages they show a 3 quarter shot of the multi colored hull which I think was on display at the Smithsonian so I guess thats about as good as it gets,there appear to be three colors not just two.If you look toward the neck boom the piece joining this part to the main hull is a dark blue green like the warp engines and I suppose the underside of the main hull. Now see how this shows the rest of the neck as light Grey and the top of the main hull is dark Grey thats three colors.I have them marked on the photo as
1 dark grey
2 light grey
3 blue/green
so what do you guys and galls think?

Last edited:
I have been spending time at Scott's shop as of late and can verify he has many castings and builds around his shop in all levels of completion. He called me last night and told me that my two birds will be delivered to me today while he picks up more boxes for the kits. I am EXTREMELY looking forward to having these pieces here once again. ;)

______

Oops,.. Scott just called and the delivery has been pushed to this coming Monday. I am very much looking forward to it. :D

A note... Scott's work in the casting of these has been outstanding. He is really going all out to make these kits as great as they can be. ;) Thank You Scott.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back