SS ESB Millennium Falcon info and building thread

Can you take a picture showing how the top and bottom halves assemble or any relevant photos regarding access to that damn front LED before you sell it??

Yes.

Thats what I was trying to tell you.
IF you are relying on OTHER peoples blue prints, you are in trouble.

You have to be able to make your own.
This is about calibrating YOUR eye to what YOU think the model should look like.

Let me put it this way,
You have 10,000 questions. You need to learn HOW to answer each BY YOURSELF, not look for the easy answer from someone else.

I have an MR falcon COMPLETELY Unassemebled. The number of parts are overwhelming to look at.
No offense, and dont take this the wrong way...but....If GAVE them to you right now at your apparent current knowledge level about the falcon, you still couldnt build it.

You have to KNOW this this inside and out.

You need to get a hold of every picture you can, and start studying the model.

Period.

Blue Prints. (sigh) Anything commercially printed to date by ANYONE is WORTHLESS!

Last edited:
Neil,

Your falcon is awesome! Really inspiring stuff! Thanks also for the build pics. I have a question if you don't mind. In the lower left build pic it looks as though you divided the upper (and lower presumably) hull disc into 4 vac-form sections that rested in multiple ribs and what looks like a MDF gun port. Is this correct? Thanks,

Derek

My wife went to the copy shop for me yesterday and got the plans printed to 32" scale.
Need to return because the other plan didnt get blown up enough.
On the first look the 2 mandebels are straight and do not turn inwards like the MR model,will need to change that.
Got scuplting the galaxy book today and this book is like the holy grail:eek
Will go and buy a jack saw it think its called this weekend as i also need one for the building of my house that going on that i surely can use on this build too.
Will go out and look for styrene sheets,wood and foam later this week for this build.
And will finaly attempt to build the hull of the falcon:love

DLT9, how is your build coming along?

well my build ended in disaster...
can not find styrene sheet large enough here in belgium its like the end of the earth...(civilisation...)
used some other kind of plastic but the base shape is have doesnt match 100%
bought a mr one and may consider build one of my own but need to find out where to get the right plastic to use or revive the base i have and make an ANH falcon out of it.

in any case i really want to keep the tread alive though for other builders.

evey input is welcome:)

No plastic sheet? Where were you looking?

I'd expect there to be several businesses in any city selling perspex/plexiglass and plastic. And plumbing supply outlets often on-sell large sheets of ABS for use as shower lining.

No plastic sheet? Where were you looking?

I'd expect there to be several businesses in any city selling perspex/plexiglass and plastic. And plumbing supply outlets often on-sell large sheets of ABS for use as shower lining.

they dont have abs in the size needed and the plastic i have is like glass whitch makes cutting it rather difficult.
not giving up but just trying to get another point of view on it.
and would really like a ANH falcon to go with the MR ESB one.

the falcon in the ROTJ,are ther many differences on it compared to the ESB one?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back