SS Dornean Gunship Torktarak

Did some work the last couple of days. Added the newly found Globetrotter parts.

_DSC1578_resize.jpg

_DSC1582_resize.jpg

I scratchbuild that little part just below the bumper. I glued a little Flak 36/37 part on it. Thanks Seven, great find, I'm positive now this is the right part. Think I'll add a little Vosper part to it later on.

_DSC1579_resize.jpg

Added the other Flak 36/37 parts on it. Had to pry off the F-16 MER's. Little miscalculation on my part. But everything turned out great. Now I still need to find out what was used between the Slave I and Flak parts and the parts behind the radardish.

_DSC1580_resize.jpg

_DSC1584_resize.jpg

_DSC1586_resize.jpg

The cleanliness of your work has to me commented upon, its flawless, hate the ship, its soooo ugleeeeeee :lol, but you have done an amazing job on something that ILM didnt document at all.

lee

Im serious, looks like it was built in a lab, with tweezers.....wicked.

Gues its a love or hate thing...like Marmite....i kinda like the front end, theres only one thing for it, as you go further in....MORE wonderful pics!

lee

I love what you did with this .. part ID and repro .. but damn, I try, but I can't see Star Wars in this design at all!!!

I'm with you Lee, I just can't see it side by side with my Red5 or a Tie .. it's too .. urr .. too .. unfamiliar?

It's like a bizarre insect. Yeah, not quite Star Wars, but that's also what's cool about it. Looks great in primer Almar!

Ahh, the old ill sex it up with primer routine eh? Looks fantastic Almar.
I think i found the nails head in why i dont fancy this bird so much, the lack of horsepower in the rear end....needs a big cluster of engines, then it would be like a Blockade runner, built for performance lol.

lee

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Well, this is what the species look like, so that's why the ship is so ugly :).

660px-Etahn_A%27baht.jpg

But yeah, this baby needs some horsepower. I have no idea where the engines are. Well, they're in the rear judging from the screenshot with the MF. But I don't see it in any off the pics.

...But yeah, this baby needs some horsepower. I have no idea where the engines are. Well, they're in the rear judging from the screenshot with the MF. But I don't see it in any off the pics.

I believe that the engines are there, but have been erased(?) from the top/side/bottom pic. You can make out the outline of something faded on the back, that I can only suspect are them. My guess is they wanted to mask out the rigging, and in effect erased the engines as well. Just a theory.

That's so cool...it's so ugly it's pretty, if that makes sense. Although without knowing all the hard work some of you guys put into the ID I might not fully appreciate the accomplishment. Bravo!

Stunning, what a great start to nearly end thread. I actually really like the look of it, dont know why but it does look SW universe in some ways. What a a great unique peace to have in your collection though, it wont be long before these become the new PD pod's, Hmm still need to jump on one of them.

Looking forward to the paint on this, what are thinking re painting it?

Still needs some engines lol, Almar that last pic looks fantastic, its pretty cool to see a BRAND NEW prop, made from so little ref, you and Seven have nailed this one, so good to see something new.

lee

This baby is finally finished, well except for the engines and paintjob. But too late and dark for pictures now. Will post some when I have some time.

Great built Almar,

Perhaps a used-future look by means of a weathering paintjob could make this become even more a Star Wars vehicle. When I get home to Groningen I'll pop ROTJ in the DVD-player to see if I can track this baby down :D

-Chaim

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back