Spiderman suit: Suit Webbing - lets talk about it

Hi, I am new to this site
can you tell me what is TheNickFox mystery method for the webbing?

Last edited:
why not use platinum silicone for webbing !!! its verry verry stretchy strong and could be glued with silicone like silpoxy in dots or with a batch of as soft platinum silicone like ecoflex ??? just a tought

I was thinking the same thing. Pour DragonSkin into a mold, but keep the webbing about half as thick as the urethane. Anyone have any objections to that idea?

What happened guys, I was all pumped up and exciting reading the thread, amazing ideas and communication, then an abyss of nothing??? Did anyone try the silicone method etc??

I'm reviving this old thread to see if anyone ever got around to trying silicone webbing? I've been working with silicone a lot lately for molds and masks and just about everything. The material is expensive, but really versitile, and nigh indestructible once cured.

if no one has tried it yet, does anyone have some advice on how to make the molds? Does it need to be cut into aluminum? Would MDF work with a couple coats of shellac? How big of a CNC machine do you need? Is there a specific bit to get the right shape? It's a long shot, but does anyone have the tool path files? I just made a CNC machine that runs on grbl so if anyone has the gcode already I could give it a shot this week. I've been struggling with funding a CAD/CAM software I can make sense of. I can build just about anything, but when it comes to 3D modeling software, I'm barely a step above useless.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back