Space Command Clipper Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the new Garage format. It presents us fans with a smorgasbord of modeling goodness to chew on; I just want to keep going back for more!

I cannot wait to see the clipper fly!

I just had this sick vision of Steve falling into some goofy hyperactive childlike reverie and hurling her thru the air to see her "fly"...

And then standing in shock sobbing over his shattered creation once he'd returned to his senses.

OH THE HORROR!

I just had this sick vision of Steve falling into some goofy hyperactive childlike reverie and hurling her thru the air to see her "fly"...

And then standing in shock sobbing over his shattered creation once he'd returned to his senses.

OH THE HORROR!

Naaah. Steve would simply build a new one.

US WWII submarines Gato/Balao class where (are) 312ft with a average crew of 81.
A 747 is 321 feet long and has a crew of 2. But can have over 600 passengers(depending on configuration).

I would assume Clipper crew complement, would depend on what kind of story the writer is trying to tell. My guess would be anywhere from 4 -13, the engine(and engine support) would take up most of the fuselage. Their prelim cross section drawing is a bit Hollywood. If the ship were real, it would be more like a submarine. The crew's comfort comes in a distant second to ship operation. The ship would only have maybe one or two cabins. Everybody else would be in bunks. The only change I would suggest, to have a complement of at least 2 Skates. Mainly because you will loose one at the least opportune moment.

Steve glad to see your decreasing your work load, since your making less vids. More time time to model. :lol

Now we wait 48 hours for the paint to dry. Looks much more shinny in person.

IMG_8425.jpg

And there was I, thinking the much-discussed panel lines were going to vanish into obscurity...but the paint brings them out beautifully!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back