Soulinertia's screen accurate Star Lord Jacket build - Guardians of the Galaxy

I've been in contact with them too. Still trying to get pricing and an ORDER. they're very slow to respond. It's been taking me multiple emails just to get them to respond.

They're probably trying to figure out why so many people suddenly have an interest in that zipper.

I had everything lined up with them, then everything halted (assuming because they suddenly got bombarded with inquiries)

I was able to achieve a little more definition with the help of my trusty E-6000!

20140911_155418.jpg

20140911_155427.jpg

20140911_182640.jpg

I'm really starting to like how this is turning out!

It's quite flexible actually. For the rigid leather piece I went with the grain so it already has a natural tendency to curl a bit.

Subscribing to this build! Looks awesome and is very helpful to those of us also working on this, thanks so much for sharing your progress/process :3!

So I got samples of the lightest and darkest shades of the jacket. I think I found a very close match to the fabric. I also picked up a rusty denim. The weave is a little thicker, but it's a heavier weight fabric and pretty close to the lighter color. I'm going to experiment with some bleach and dye to see what kind of ombre I can come up with.

20141002_224620.jpg

20141002_224636.jpg

20141002_224802.jpg

Thanks to Staar Lord Maan I was able to successfully switch out the 1.25" grommets with the correct 1". I also found some gray elastic I think is a pretty close match!

20141008_232553.jpg

20141008_232621.jpg

20141008_233916.jpg

w/flash
20141008_233924.jpg

Just a small update for today, but I'll have more progress soon.

Soul! Are you going to stitch the edges of your flaps? Also have you heard of any material / paste that can be used to fill needle holes in leather to restore the smooth finish?

How about some material that can be used to blend two pieces of overlapping leather together making it seem like a seamless connection? I've been hunting all over and striking out!! I know leather repair shops have stuff like this but it is hard to find!

Also have you heard of any material / paste that can be used to fill needle holes in leather to restore the smooth finish?

Wet the leather, massage and press the area with the holes with your fingers to even out the indents caused, then use an iron on the LOWEST setting to carefully dry it out and make the holes shrink together. This will not eliminate them completely- they are holes after all, but they will be much less visible. Keep in mind that all the leather that you warm will shrink, which is why you need to be very careful.

I ended up finding some non-elastic webbing at the local thrift shop that looks like a good color. I got over a yard for about 50 cents. Here it is with the 1 inch grommets. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415584331.007448.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back