Some Fetty Goodness

Everybody is welcome.

I did show the Super8 footage at C3 and did a little talk with Brandon and Tom when they did their fantastic bit on SW shooting locations.

I don't mind sharing, but please remember sometimes the restrictions on sharing stuff are placed ON the person with the goods. You have to respect that or the "secret" stuff never gets shown.

That's really great that you did that. Too bad we couldn't go back in time and do the same for EPIV, but noone knew that EPIV would be such a hit.

Glad you got Fett stuff not just set stuff.

COOL. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup

Originally posted by Gator Fett@Feb 10 2006, 07:35 AM
Those pics are FETTASTIC.

The last two pictures seem to support the idea that the battle damaged Jetpack was used in the flying sceen.  The center tank appears to have a gouge in the middle, which matches up with the other picutures of the damaged pack.

Thanks for sharing.

Gator
[snapback]1180683[/snapback]​

I've theorized that all along. It's not like LFL to spend extra money on a "minor character" (which Fett was considered at the time). They wouldn't spend money on an "undamaged" jetpack that was mainly shot from angles where the damage on the back wouldn't be seen for the flying shots, only to be replaced with a "damaged" jetpack for the skiff-to-sail barge-to-Sarlacc shots.

IMO, anyway. ;)

Mic, do you have larger versions of those pics? :)

Thanks,

J

Originally posted by Fetthunter@Feb 10 2006, 02:53 PM
I've theorized that all along.  It's not like LFL to spend extra money on a "minor character" (which Fett was considered at the time).  They wouldn't spend money on an "undamaged" jetpack that was mainly shot from angles where the damage on the back wouldn't be seen for the flying shots, only to be replaced with a "damaged" jetpack for the skiff-to-sail barge-to-Sarlacc shots.

Actually, Fett, and the group of super commandos he represented, was intended to be a pretty significant group of characters. We know as early as 1978 a fullly fuctioning and painted suit was already complete. The suit included extending grappling hooks, flashing range finder and chest lights, and a jetpack with an almost entirely self-contained exhaust system.

As such, at least three "hero" packs were already built prior to ROTJ. ILM did spend the money to build a stunt pack and the damaged pack for ROTJ. What they neglected to do was care about continuity. The ESB-style helmet seen some stunt scenes but not others further supports their continuity blunders.

nothing much to say other than YOU KICK ASS.

thanks bro, like someone stated in one of the first posts, most wouldnt share.

so thank you very much for this rare glimpse that Lucas would hate us to have. :D

guess this is a dumb question, but is there anyway to save this without quicktime pro???

Originally posted by oldken@Feb 10 2006, 06:57 PM
guess this is a dumb question, but is there anyway to save this without quicktime pro???
[snapback]1181225[/snapback]​

Right click the link and select "save as." Worked for me. :)

Originally posted by tylerdurden_soap_maker@Feb 10 2006, 04:29 PM
Actually, Fett, and the group of super commandos he represented, was intended to be a pretty significant group of characters. We know as early as 1978 a fullly fuctioning and painted suit was already complete. The suit included extending grappling hooks, flashing range finder and chest lights, and a jetpack with an almost entirely self-contained exhaust system.
[snapback]1181116[/snapback]​

Yes, but I meant that by 1982/83 Fett was back to being only a "minor" character. GL has said in several interviews that he didn't know the kind of fan backlash he'd get from sending such a minor character into the Sarlacc and "killing him off". :)

Seems like I've seen pics of Fett in Jabba's Palace wearing the pre-damaged jetpack as well... :confused

Anyway, cool pics nonetheless. :thumbsup

J

Originally posted by Fetthunter@Feb 11 2006, 01:43 AM

Yes, but I meant that by 1982/83 Fett was back to being only a "minor" character.  GL has said in several interviews that he didn't know the kind of fan backlash he'd get from sending such a minor character into the Sarlacc and "killing him off".  :)

At that point, most definitely, yes. :D

Seems like I've seen pics of Fett in Jabba's Palace wearing the pre-damaged jetpack as well...    :confused

I think the pics of the damaged pack in Jabba's Palace were part of the SE additions.

And yeah, these are the coolest pics I've seen in awhile. Thanks, Mic. :thumbsup

To think you were there for the filming of the last good star wars movie ever... :) THANK YOOOOOO SOOOOO MUCH :) Did ya get a piece of the barge?

Is it me or does it look like the squib they used doused harrison in sparks...looks like he was checkin to make sure he still had his ear at the end of the shot...AMAZING footage....... :)

Were just passing through history...THIS IS HISTORY. :) curt

Originally posted by FETTCLONE@Feb 10 2006, 01:41 PM
Incredible shots, micdavis.  Thank you so much for sharing them with us. 

When I go to work today I'm just going to be thinking of stunt-Fett all day. :D
[snapback]1180718[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back