Lazysnowtrooper

I have recently started a new project, (creating a snowtrooper costume) and I have been able to find the plans for the duster, but I have come unstuck when it comes to creating the armor. I would have used a vaccum former to create plastic shells, but I don't have one (or the time to make one), so I need to find an alternative method. If you have experience with this could you please give details on the process.

Thanks
LazySnowtrooper

For my duster I just used an oversized t-shirt as a pattern (making the sleeves longer) and added the waist-down portion by just sewing it along the bottom edge. The belt hides the seam. If I were to make one today, I might try to just taking a blank sweatshirt and add on the bottom section.

Scott

Most people can't make their own hard armor parts so don;t worry too much. You could obviously buy them from a reputable seller. Will be a wait time depending on who you go with.

Most people can't make their own hard armor parts so don;t worry too much. You could obviously buy them from a reputable seller. Will be a wait time depending on who you go with.

I think I will probably make the parts from Eva foam and then fiberglass over them. I also have an airbrush so I should be able to paint the details with that.

Thanks

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back