Snowtrooper Commander Costume (de)Construction

Stuart,

Good to see the TAG snowies together, yourself Miko and Percy. Looked so good, so sorry we couldn't be there with you.

Regards
Wendy

CIMG0054.jpg

HEY, I know you guys, couldn't find a nicer bunch of people if I tried.

Kick A$$ suit too Stuart, it looks bloody excellent, well done Mate :)

Cheers,

Kraig

Thanks Kraig and Wendy,
I looked for you guys there... but sadly it wasn't to be..... Miko and I wanted to catch up, but were only in Melb for four days... trooping and family killed all of our free time.... but the next time we hit OZ we have to meet up for a beer or three... BTW congats mate... :)

Very interesting.

So it looks like the Veers Helmet might actually have the "high-detail disk with notch" after all, unless that screen cap is playing tricks with my eyes. Or at least a solid disk with a notch. This is hard to figure out as most all the research on these types of helmets shows the disk to be a solid style (no outer grooves) with a larger center hole as well.

And yeah, the disk on the Snow Commander look to be thinner. Your guess on a 2 stepper sounds good to me. Probably the same diameter as the other disk.

Alrighty then, I finally have an update on these helmet disk. And here is my new offering, just a simple 2 step Imp Disk, similar in shape and size to the Standard Imp Disk, but thinner. And with a 1/8' thru hole so they can be attached with a rivet from behind or from the front. This is mine and other best guess at what these looks like.

2052828389_9f030cb9e4_o.jpg

$6.00 for a set + shipping

PM or Email me for more info: Dmaul1000@aol.com

Marcus said you wanted a screencap Kenny looks like im a bit late sorry fella here it is anyway for what its worth it's the clearest shot i could get

SC2.jpg

Not a problem at all, I used the HD screen caps that you or someone else had already posted to go by. So I'm going to say that I am as close as I can tell from the ref we have.

I finally got all of the parts Together, and Trooped with Dan's armor a few weeks ago in Melbourne, Australian.... A big thanks to you Dan....

P1010016a.jpg

P1010012A.jpg

CIMG0053.jpg

CIMG0054.jpg

Excellent looking!
I cant help but to notice your boots..
They look very close to what the ATAT drivers wear.
Are there anymore of those boots available at where you live?

Alrighty then, I finally have an update on these helmet disk. And here is my new offering, just a simple 2 step Imp Disk, similar in shape and size to the Standard Imp Disk, but thinner. And with a 1/8' thru hole so they can be attached with a rivet from behind or from the front. This is mine and other best guess at what these looks like.

2052828389_9f030cb9e4_o.jpg

$6.00 for a set + shipping

PM or Email me for more info: Dmaul1000@aol.com

Damn! I can't believe that I missed this! I'll take a set Kenny!

Exactly. Where did that post come from? Ken, I'm going to be placing an order soon for lotsa bits. Hehe!

Sorry about the lateness of reply on the Boots...

I picked mine up from Ebay.. and yes they needed a little bit of modification work and a little painting (to remove the makers name)...

I found another website that sells the same boots, and a few other troopers I have recommend this site to have bought from there without any problem at all 5th pair of boots down (unless you would like to De fluff the top ones ..LOL)...

http://www.moon-boots.com/

BTW Kenny , Email sent on the Greeblies :)

Respectfully, Stuart

Last edited:
Just wanted to see if anyone here thinks that the snow commander boots look more like snowjoggers? I really do not like the moon boots at all and Im temped to get snowjoggers and modify them to get the right look.

snowcommandervsjoggervsATAT.jpg

the one on the far right is the AT-AT driver boot which i believe is the same as the Snow commander.

Last edited:
Just wanted to see if anyone here thinks that the snow commander boots look more like snowjoggers? I really do not like the moon boots at all and Im temped to get snowjoggers and modify them to get the right look.
I would agree that the Commander and the ATAT driver are wearing the exact same boots, the tell is the heel.

But they probably looked like these before they painted them grey.
tecnica-mon-boots-1970s2.jpg

Double-click image below for high resolution

yup i saw those 1970 Vintage Moon boots while doing research... Thanks fot the other AT-AT pic.

I would agree that the Commander and the ATAT driver are wearing the exact same boots, the tell is the heel.

But they probably looked like these before they painted them grey.
tecnica-mon-boots-1970s2.jpg

Double-click image below for high resolution

These have a really distinctive tread pattern. I'd almost say some silver is showing through, but that could just be a reflection on the gray paint. You can also make out what looks like a stripe on his right boot.
commander2z.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, I've found a couple different retro moonboots that look similar, some have that distinct tread, but none have the tread that goes up on the back of the heel.

Met uw instructie Ik kan dit kostuum in no-time bedankt voor het delen. Zoals u weet slechts een paar dag vertrokken naar Karneval

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back