Silver surfer costume test *PICS*

thanks again guys! I'll see if i can work out the kinks on the kid size version

I just checked the stretch house site , they call it foil dot, has to be the same stuff. And cheaper than what I paid for it (except I didn't need to pay shipping, but our lovely 13% tax here doesn't help either)

lots of possibilities with this.

Foil dot is literally what it means. Lots of little circles/dots of foil on black 4-way stretch spandex. If you go one more category down, you'll see "All over foil". The pic doesn't do it justice. Try getting a sample and you'll see what I mean. It's basically a sheet of foil on a sheet of spandex.

Looks awesome so far, sir.

Ryu

Looks pretty cool. The mask or face would be an interesting dilemma to overcome. How to make it match the suit...
I'm assuming he'll do a mask covered with the material (ala' movie Spiderman) seams around the eyes and have stainless steel mesh or chromed lens in it...

Yes, but how would you get all the detail in the face? Are you sculpting a mask and then stretching the material over it?

yea I was talking about a mask with the face' details. Just like in the Spiderman movie, they have a mask under the cowl with that distinct comic book face shape.

U should look for the suit they made for the non effect shots from the 2nd movie FF. they did a full suit for the actor that looked good.

I have several screen caps of that suit, it looked great and they had a chrome version as well as the dull one, when he lost his powers but I am not going to sculpt and entire new suit for this anyway. I also don't know any 6-3" 150lb guys to wear it lol.

heres an update..

the_silver_surfer.jpg

Just kidding :lol

I will have more to show of the torso tomorrow, it looks incredible. I have a new leg sculpt I would like to use for this if I finish this suit, if anyone wants this suit let me know so I can get more of the fabric then I can complete it properly.

That looks great considering it's fabric. That material and your muscle suit is match made in heaven. I can't wait to the completed costume.

I'm sure you've already considered this, but have you tried the liquid spray adhesive by 3m? I would just think the glueing process would go faster and you may not have to try so hard to get it even and wrinkle free.
Justa thought.

"I will have more to show of the torso tomorrow, it looks incredible. I have a new leg sculpt I would like to use for this if I finish this suit, if anyone wants this suit let me know so I can get more of the fabric then I can complete it properly."

I would totally love to have this costume!!! How much would you be willing to sell this? If not sell, could u send me a detailed list of how one would be able to make such an incredible silver surfer costume besides what u have already posted in thread.
.Please let me know. Thanks

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back