Sideshow 1:6 Probe Droid

jkno

Legendary Member
OK, this is not a prop, neither a studio scale, but one of the 1:6 Sideshow collectibles, which this company will release (hopefully) soon. I know that there are some real Probe Droid experts here, who know each detail of this great ESB prop. Would you care please to share your opinion on this Sideshow replica (hopefully more pics will come later):

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Star_Wars_Wed-016.jpg

1069184_10151620368404145_621466060_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Sideshow's 1:6 Probe Droid accuracy help

It looks great! Seems more based on the full size prop used in Norway then the studio model. The paint scheme looks to plain (could be the light) to match the studio model but matches the full size prop rather well! Looks like a very well made replica of the full sized prop! I would take one!

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and expertise with us Steve! :thumbsup

Ye, I painted it for Sideshow and it is indeed based on the 1:1 prop. You can really tell on the underside details - they did a very good job, and the coolest thing? All the little turret eyes articulate!! You have GOT to buy one when they become available. It's a killer bit of engineering - the whole thing is articulated to hell and back!

(and thank you, Steve - a compliment is a high honor coming from your keyboard!!)

- - - Updated - - -

The one you linked to Getoninja is based on the studio scale version, and it pretty close to that particular ILM build. It's an amazing replica for a kit, let me tell you! Apples and oranges between that and the Sideshow one though, since they are portraying different versions out of the ILM model shop. Hope that helps!

Hopefully it doesn't cost an arm and a leg like the Attakus one did.
Only way I got that one was to luck out and find a damaged one I could fix.

No reason it should cost a ton, Hot Toys surely could do it for under 400 I'm certain.

Not sure why the Probe Droid hasn't gotten more love over the years.
It looks awesome totally outside of the SW context, right out of something from H.G. Wells.

Oh yeah, it's such an iconic design, even outside of Star Wars....

According to the Sideshow rep I spoke with at Comic Con they have not decided for certain to release the Probe Droid but were going to gage interest. So if you are interested in seeing this released send them emails!

Ye, I painted it for Sideshow and it is indeed based on the 1:1 prop. You can really tell on the underside details - they did a very good job, and the coolest thing? All the little turret eyes articulate!! You have GOT to buy one when they become available. It's a killer bit of engineering - the whole thing is articulated to hell and back!

(and thank you, Steve - a compliment is a high honor coming from your keyboard!!)

Thanks a lot!! :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back