Show your Dr. Who props!

Found the thread. I never looked at it because I assumed that it was about the older keys (that don't look like keys). Thanks.

Yup, that thread is all about the Tardis keys that are actual keys. We recently just changed the thread title to add the classic series as well since new reference materialhad come to light about the keys seen during the Hartnell, Pertwee and Davison eras too.

This is the Universal Remote, the newest addition to my collection... here's a very nice picture of the remote on its stand that I found on a Google Image Search...

While it IS good for the price (especially if you catch a good sale) it has numerous inaccuracies. First off, the metal colors are all wrong. The copper-plated parts are too bright, having been polished to a chrome-like shine. The silver-tone parts (aluminum on the original prop) are too dark, with a color more like, I don't know, steel or pewter. And the knurled struts have variations in the shade of the metallic silver that make them look like PLASTIC with a silver color molded into it. And the "rivets/screws" on the copper-plated struts are simulated, just a detail that's molded in as part of the strut, rather than being a separate part as on the original props.

There is NO activation button on the central black grip, and that black grip is NOT wrapped in leather. It is one piece of molded "faux leather" that seems to be made of vinyl or something. Even the stitching is simulated and molded in as part of that piece.

The remote does NOT extend and open, there is no way for it to do so. In good closeups of the emitter head, you'll notice that the claws have a metal rod securing them to the center shaft just below the emitter.

The tail cap does NOT open revealing the red button underneath, nor is there even a simulated hinge on it. There IS a button, though, as that's how you turn the remote on and off, and engage the programming modes. But that button is also copper-plated to blend into the pommel.

The emitter, while colored correctly, is totally CLEAR at the very tip, to allow proper transmission of the signals that control your TV. Some good closeups of the head of the remote may show that, as well.

So, it is what it is... a mass-produced, die-cast metal TOY. I'm using it as a display piece, displayed next to my RussRep Original Series Sonics and my MFX New Series Sonic (yes, I still own one and display it proudly! :p) The remote is basically a "placeholder" to stand in for a better, more accurate prop replica that will hopefully join my collection at some point in the future. ;)

Last edited:
I watched an interview with Nick robatto a while ago and I think he may have said he actually makes the end as one piece now because the tail cap kept being glued down.

Ask and you shall receive!
64512_328139343974107_1492050861_n.jpg

Where did you get the suit?

Re: Show your Dr. Who props!

keyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyske yskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeyskeys
33kstnc.jpg

So yeah, keys.

Last edited:

Geepers...No Tardis is going to stay locked with you around. Sweet collection there dude!

Thanks. Scarey part is that this was literally taken two weeks ago and I've added to it again XD I just got another 800-TREKKER key off Etsy and it's even more mint than my previous one. Then I added blank chrome plated Yales too. lol, it's a fun obsession...I think keys are my favorite prop...

I win SO HARD at internets!

I have a Sonic screwdriver I made in a machine shop I worked in around 1984. It's a bit rusty, but I kind of like it looking well used.my_sonic_screwdriver_01.jpg

Ive done a couple of Daleks. Posted these in another thread a while ago.
The black one is radio control, the bronze one is get in and ride.
DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

full.jpg

gunfir.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0290.jpg
    DSC_0290.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0313.jpg
    DSC_0313.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 61
  • gunfir.jpg
    gunfir.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 53
  • gunfir.jpg
    gunfir.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 80
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_0313.jpg
    DSC_0313.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 54
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_0290.jpg
    DSC_0290.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back