Shia LaBeouf premier sells 1 ticket AND just got into a fight in a deli

Re: Shia LaBeouf premier sells 1 ticket

What gets me is Eastwood and Carlin were on opposite ends of the spectrum in viewpoints for the most part but they both agreed on that. Carlin was always talking about how wimpy guys and society was getting. Heck even physically guys are getting scrawnier compared to even 20 years ago. It's like the gene to be tough and manly has vanished or gone overboard with some of these MMA style guys who are only slightly better than cavemen. We need the Cary Grant rugged gene or the Rock Hudson gene.

Physically... Not in movies. Nowadays anything less than body builder is the scrawny guy. Half the time even the nerdy guy is more buff than action heroes from the 60s

Funny that people mentioned the "Male-Model-Figure-Mentor" type with Cary Grant and Rock Hudson:lol The male image is a construct (media, society or other factors...to complex for this convo) What we need are people who can take a informed critique standing up and not feel that the "Gods of feelings" have been offended!! That's what I want!

I just sort of marvel how some people can seemingly purposefully destroy a very coveted position of opportunity others would give their eyeteeth for.
Is it drugs? or some mental issue that needs treatment? I can understand that but is he just a jack wagon that flushes opportunity away with tizzy fits?
Does he realize that if he could keep his crap together he could have a far more lucrative career and use that money for whatever personal
causes he thinks need championing to far greater effect?

I do not understand such people at all.

We have to remember that people with great talent in something that makes them bundles of money are still just people. People have problems and sometimes they handle it well and sometimes they don't. We also hear about the people that have problems and not about those that don't. If there is a 10:1 ratio of good to bad everyone knows about the bad names because it sells in today's media.

Some folks need to separate the art from the artist.
My ex-wife had a real problem with this. She had an obsession with actors and celebrities and loved to hear/read about their personal lives. (Though we haven't spoken in several years, I imagine TMZ is her favorite show). Problem is, it would bleed over into our lives. I was never allowed to watch certain movies with particular actors because of their personal lives. Can't see THAT movie, the lead actor beats his wife. Can't see that other movie because the lead actress cheated on her husband. As you can imagine it didn't take long before I was forbidden to see half of the movies that came out because the artists were d-bags in real life.

Again, separate the art from the artist.

I LIKE Shia LaBeouf. I think he's a fine actor. If he is in something I want to go see, I go see it. Is the guy odd offscreen? Sure but who cares? He's entitled to live his life any way he chooses so long as he's not hurting anyone. If the guy likes to stick lollipops up his bum while relaxing at home, more power to him. That doesn't mean I'll never see another of his movies.

With that, they guy does seem to be going out of his way to sabotage his own career. One of HIS favorite actors is Daniel Day Lewis and clearly emulates him. DDL is a great actor and often takes offbeat roles in non (intentional) blockbuster movies and goes to great lengths to sink his teeth and transform himself into his roles. This is what SL is attempting to do, star in offbeat, independent movies in hopes that people will see him as a "serious actor". Again, his life, his career, his choices.

If if he stars in something I want to see, I'll go see it.
Hopefully it won't suck :lol

I am no much of a fan of him. I watched him on even Stevens when my brother and sister were young.

I thought it was a funny show at the time, and thought it funny to see him in the transformers franchise

What made this kid snap all of a sudden? The heat from the Indiana jones film?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he was falling apart even before Indy happened, either he should be on meds or in rehab but something isn't right.

I like Shia. I don't care if I get crap, heh.

He was a kid actor in Hollywood who did the blockbuster thing, saw it wasn't for him (and WHY NOT?!? EVERYONE hate's the movies he was in... why can't he hate them as well?!)

So he's gone the artistic route. Some if it I've liked. Some if it is lame. But the point is, he's following the path he wants to take...

People were talking this way about Joaquin Phoenix when he was doing his out of left field artsy crap, and then made "The Master". Now he's golden again.

LA is SO FRIGGIN SHALLOW. I love it, but my god, it's insane there. To break out of that hollywood party mold and just try crap that makes you happy, or feel like you're accomplishing something on your own terms, is something I can get behind.

I Would rather see him doing this:

Than this:

I don't think it's mental illness to want to express yourself through art... even if others think it's lame.

Last edited by a moderator:

It could be but I can't guess what kind. He has low impulse control and wants to be the center of attention it seems but that's also part of being a child star. Once you grow up and nobody has jobs lining up for you easily he may think that this is a good way to stay in the public eye. One thing for sure someone needs to sit him down for a chat. You know it's bad when Michael Bay doesn't want you around.

That's a huge side effect of being a child star. Maybe he can bounce back from it unlike so many others but right now he's in a bad spot.

Shia LaBeouf is a ****** bag. Hope he realizes this now (though he won't).

It'll be good if we could start getting actors like we used to have. I think most (but not all) of today's actors are nothing but talentless, politically motivated puppets.

Anybody remember when entertainers.............you know................entertained?

Yeah...I remember actors of old that had quality of character.

For me, the finest example is Jimmy Stewart, a decent man who also volunteered to fight in WWII and flew sorties in combat. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross, the French Croix de Guerre, and the Air Medal with 3 Oak Leaf Clusters. He retired as a Brigadier General in the Air Force in 1968.

Shia couldn't dust General Stewart's wings...

Last edited:

Jimmy's hard to live up to but you also had Frank Capra sorta serve by making documentaries and Clark Gable I think served too. Sadly that Hollywood has died off long ago, now it's all about hating doing the right and good things.

Edit: Someone needs to stomp him just once. Apparently he's taking entire pages out of how to be a crybaby and professional whiner. https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/shi...ys-deli-calls-bartender-racist-005256961.html
[/h]

Last edited:

Some folks need to separate the art from the artist.
My ex-wife had a real problem with this. She had an obsession with actors and celebrities and loved to hear/read about their personal lives. (Though we haven't spoken in several years, I imagine TMZ is her favorite show). Problem is, it would bleed over into our lives. I was never allowed to watch certain movies with particular actors because of their personal lives. Can't see THAT movie, the lead actor beats his wife. Can't see that other movie because the lead actress cheated on her husband. As you can imagine it didn't take long before I was forbidden to see half of the movies that came out because the artists were d-bags in real life.

Again, separate the art from the artist.

I LIKE Shia LaBeouf. I think he's a fine actor. If he is in something I want to go see, I go see it. Is the guy odd offscreen? Sure but who cares? He's entitled to live his life any way he chooses so long as he's not hurting anyone. If the guy likes to stick lollipops up his bum while relaxing at home, more power to him. That doesn't mean I'll never see another of his movies.

With that, they guy does seem to be going out of his way to sabotage his own career. One of HIS favorite actors is Daniel Day Lewis and clearly emulates him. DDL is a great actor and often takes offbeat roles in non (intentional) blockbuster movies and goes to great lengths to sink his teeth and transform himself into his roles. This is what SL is attempting to do, star in offbeat, independent movies in hopes that people will see him as a "serious actor". Again, his life, his career, his choices.

If if he stars in something I want to see, I'll go see it.
Hopefully it won't suck :lol

Th cerebral side of my mellon wants to separate real life from reel life. But sometimes I just cant unsee Tom Cruise jumping on Oprahs couch or The beefs homeless persona screaming into a web cam. Hes a fine actor, its the real life part that is off kilter. But he is full left of center and thats well within the Hollywood norm. So as long as there are no underage children or hard drugs scandals...he will do fine and get jobs.

And here we go....

The "greatest actor of his generation" has gone on a tirade tonight over French fries:

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/04/06/shia-labeouf-bowling-alley-confrontation-racist-drunk/

Those videos, like most videos of "celebrities gone bad," show nothing that anyone should make any judgements about.

They show how none of the events leading up to him getting angry at all...so for all we know his response was justified...for all we know the bartender spit in his French fries and called him a racial slur. I mean, I doubt that's what happened...but from those videos we have no clue.

If if I go and start kicking a dog over and over again, and someone records only the dog biting me, then the dog will look like the bad guy in the video.

Now, do I think he's playing with a full deck? Not entirely...but I often wonder if he's latched onto that "all publicity is good publicity" mentality, and he is in fact completely right in the head. I'll also go on record saying that I really enjoy him as an actor.

Google......Sociopath.

Classic 'look at me syndrome' defined by parents who loved him too much (abuse) or not enough (neglect)

Easy to blame the parents right?......the people who raised you......define you.

Like a company, a business.

The Boss set's the tone.

The programming can be changed......but it's no easy task ;).......talk to that guy in India trying to build Windows 17.....:lol.....word on the street is it will be called WinDoor or MoorDoor, BoreDoor or something with doors in it...

I completely agree. "Childhood is the father of the man". Battiness doesn't come out of left field. The way he is now is a result of crappy parenting. I hope that he can find some inner peace. It's not going to come from confrontations with strangers and temper tantrums. Dude needs to do some soul searching.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Nowadays anything less than body builder is the scrawny guy

Like wanting to cast The Rock in the role of Jack Burton? Kurt Russell was buff but still just an "average" guy. Dwayne Johnson as Burton would be too comical to pull off, especially the brown suit and glasses nerd visiting the brothel scene.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back