Seeking tips for a more accurate Cobra Kai style leather jacket.

bowensrun

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
To Karate Kid and Cobra Kai experts, fans...all suggestions we welcome. This is our first request for advice on RPF, so we hope you'll have mercy or as Mr. Miyagi might say, "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu." Thank you in advance.

At this point, we are including:
- the zipper around the neck, top right pocket zipper as you face the front, two zippers, one for each sleeve to be removed
- two outside hand pockets and two inside pockets a little bigger to fit a smart phone, Nintendo Switch Lite or other small device, and the zipped top right pocket already mentioned
- our best rendition of the Cobra Kai patch
- light to medium weight not too supple real leather, so it's wearable during more months
- elastic style cuffs
- lining choice is black viscose for now
- band style collar
We think the back doesn't look as accurate as it could, but we cannot put our finger on what is wrong.

20210124_171342.jpg

suzahdi-leather-cobrakai-back.jpg

20210124_164508.jpg

Removable sleeves

20210124_165012 (1).jpg

Inside the jacket to show lining and two pockets, closure, etc.

Last edited:
Mmm.. do you have pictures of the show so we can compare them? I am seeing more than one type on the internet
We don't want to be found guilty of TV show screenshot sharing, so we found a few pictures of the jacket available on the net: early picture of William Zabka and the one on Miguel Diaz in the latest Cobra Kai TV series. We are working to make one in the style of Miguel Diaz's. Hope that helps. Thank you for being willing to help us.

ok no prob! when you said: We think the back doesn't look as accurate as it could, it seems to me that could be for 2 things.
1) Maybe the jacket is too big for the person wearing it (so it looks weird) or
2) The lines of the sleeves maybe are too thick (?) in the back?

I would go for option number 1. You can always find a person that suits better and check if size is the problem.

ok no prob! when you said: We think the back doesn't look as accurate as it could, it seems to me that could be for 2 things.
1) Maybe the jacket is too big for the person wearing it (so it looks weird) or
2) The lines of the sleeves maybe are too thick (?) in the back?

I would go for option number 1. You can always find a person that suits better and check if size is the problem.
Much appreciated! You're right. The jacket is a bit too big for the models, and sleeves do look too big around like meant for body builder arms. I take it that you think the look of the patch, zippers, and leather texture are pretty accurate per the original Cobra Kai jacket Miguel wears?

Much appreciated! You're right. The jacket is a bit too big for the models, and sleeves do look too big around like meant for body builder arms. I take it that you think the look of the patch, zippers, and leather texture are pretty accurate per the original Cobra Kai jacket Miguel wears?
yeah for me, the patch, zippers and textures look pretty good so far :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back