Scratch Built Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1 FINISHED.

Re: Scratch Built Red Bull Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1

Just amazing! Between you, Katsu-San and the Doctor, I have been so inspired to build my own, I just put in an order for some plastic!

Do it man!!

Personally right now i can't wait to get back to a regular model withall the parts pre-made and everything on sprues in plastic bags from a lovely box with a pretty picture on the front....:)

With,...................... wait for it, dunt dun da, :popcorn

INSTRUCTIONS

I feel right now that building something out of box is some how cheating.
I mean no disrespect, but this bloody ship has realy lost its wow factor for me, staying focused and not rushing to the finish is very hard especially when i can't really see the finish line clearly because the finish line is just a vision in my head.

Am i making any sense, i feel i'm rambling.
I will really appreciate, and i think enjoy more, an out of box build because i have put my self through this process.

I've really enjoyed it but i realise it could all be for crap if i don't get a good paint job on this thing.

I'm so anxious to see it finished its driving me mad, can you tell :D

I encourage everyone to build something original, come up with your own idea because i think it will make you a better modeler.

Most of you are awesome all ready so just think of your potencial.......

It official i think i've lost it. :wacko

Gag

It is difficult to know when finished is finished, isn't it?

;)

I'm with the Doctor, it's horrible, especially when you're your own worst critic. I would be horrified that I would make it beautiful, overthink, and destroy it. This had certainly not happened here.

I know how you feel - stick with it though, it will be worth it. The only deadline you're on is your own, so take your time, do lots of paint tests before you start painting it and it will look awesome I'm sure.

A well known miniature FX guy once told me he never felt any pangs of regret whenever the director decided to blow up the models he'd just spent weeks working on, because by this point he was sick of looking at them, so you're definitely not alone!

Last edited:

They say a great work of art is never 'finished', only abandoned :)

-MJ

I'm expecting you to announce you found engines to put in it so it can fly around the room any time now lol

Just go with your gut feel.

As I type I'm looking at something I scratchbuilt 30 years ago, (Jeez, is it possible I'm still breathing?) and I remember at the time thinking I could have made a better job of it.

When I look at it now, from concept drawings to final execution I'm pretty happy.

It's about 10% of the scale and complexity of what you have done here, but what's common, is that I had a vision, built it, and the result was faithful to the original concept. So from a personal perspective, it was a tremendously satisfying thing to do.

However, what YOU have done to date is so remarkable, that a whole bunch of people who are following this thread have been inspired and energised to follow in your wake.

My point is that you can do no wrong. Its your creation, it's fantastic, and as far as I can see when you're done with it, it will be spectacular. Simply because it already is.

So hang in there!

Since the origin of this build was designed for transporting freight, why not consider taking some inspiration from current freighters:

spjxzmlm9wtxfxc

Awesome-custom-18-wheelers-24878855-800-600.jpg

Customized-custom-18-wheelers-24857040-800-600.jpg

There are literally 100's of trucks out there with different paint schemes to consider... You may see something you like, and can modify or create a twist on. I have watched this build from the beginning, and I couldn't be more impressed with your work. I hope this idea helps. :)

I want to thank everyone for their support, it means a great deal to me.

A quick vid, just ignore my voice, it would appear i am unable to use my real voice on video, but it might have something to do with the vodka, not really sure :D

The back bit? - YouTube

Gag

I think you've created a monster...in that theres so much detail so far you feel compelled to keep up the same standard. The trouble is i reckon you're seeing your build as a chore not as a project you can get into.

It's a great feeling designing and building something from scratch-nobody can tell you something is in the wrong place or the wrong colour but it can also be a have drain mentally thinking about how are you going to get around this,how will that part fit etc etc.

Remember how many people are being inspired by what you post-just count the hits on you're last YT post. If need be have a weekend of si-fi films for inspiration or google "spaceship design images" to get the va va voom back (such a twatish expression). What i find sometimes helps is to have a huge workshop tidyout,clean airbrushes,sweep up and even go as far as putting tools back where they belong.

Just look forward to the day you do the colour scheme-it'll be worth it.

It's an epic build:cheers

Tony, you can get aluminum (aluminium!) tape at the hardware store... They use it for air conditioning ducts. You may be able to find it unmarked. I've got a roll of it in my hand right now. Might be easier than gluing aluminum foil to your cowling tube.

-Mike J.

Tony, you can get aluminum (aluminium!) tape at the hardware store... They use it for air conditioning ducts. You may be able to find it unmarked. I've got a roll of it in my hand right now. Might be easier than gluing aluminum foil to your cowling tube.

-Mike J.

You might be able to find it at automotive stores too. I actually used a roll of it to do body work on my grandma's car once. :lol

It's very nice to see the rear engine details coming togething in a video format. Can't wait to see more.

Beautiful! Since it's a Red Bull delivery ship, I'm guessing the colors are already set for you....

You should totally send them a link to the build. If they were any kind of cool, they would use it in a commercial and give you a lifetime supply!

Beautiful! Since it's a Red Bull delivery ship, I'm guessing the colors are already set for you....

You should totally send them a link to the build. If they were any kind of cool, they would use it in a commercial and give you a lifetime supply!

I sent them an e-mail in January, February and March but have recieved no reply.
I just explained in the e-mail what i was doing and asked for any comments, i didn't ask for cash or anything. But unfortunately they don't seem to be interested.

So the Colours are gunna be different. See post #260

But i'm still having fun :D

Gag

I'm ashamed that I can't get you a good suggestion or idea of paint scheme.
Because my butt is burning right now. So I got to take care my thing.
But I can say one thing for sure. Your ship never gonna let me down with any paint scheme and I mean it. No paint scheme can mess your achievement. Your ship is so special.

katsu

I have been looking at a lot of googled ships and such to try and help you with ideas, and some of the coolest designes had no color scheme at all. Just color variations in the plating. It would be an easy way to eliminate a problem with an attractive solution. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back