scotty's vest uniform reference help needed

raser13

hey guys and gals, need your help. i'm wanting to recreate scotty's vest uniform and tool belt from the later star trek movies. this one.

thefinalfrontier0157 (1).jpg

the problem i'm running into is finding good reference of this vest and belt. this is the best shot i could find on the net. it's tiny. i really need a good shot of the tools on his right side breast-ish on the vest. and any reference of the tool belt and the tools on it. i have most of the rest of the vest figured out. but i won't turn down good shots of the rest of it either. lol any help on this would be awesome.

p.s. any one have any idea why he wears a command white shirt under this vest. but if he's wearing the dress style(maroon monster) uniform he has an engineering mustard shirt on under it. it would be a pain for him to switch back and forth on any given day.i'll treat this as the cannon uniform. but i always assumed this was a big costuming blunder.

Especially if net pics are scarce, I like to take my reference photos right from the source. I would pop in that movie and get as many screenshots as you can! :)

We've got enough reference of the actual vest that we think we can hammer that out pretty easy. The thing that I'm still having issues finding us good shots of his tools that go on the vest. The inner most one looks like a tire gauge like you would have in your glove box. Any ideas what the other ones are? I just want this to be spot on. Scotty was always my favorite character. And I want to pay the best omage to him I can.

raser13;4263615 The thing that I'm still having issues finding us good shots of his tools that go on the vest.[/QUOTE said:
I see!

Micdavis had put some good photos up in my thread, but they are gone now.

Here's the best photo I have:

And here's what my versions look like after I updated them:

[

That should get you closer!

Felgacarb, your work is impeccable. your the basic reason that i'm attempting this. i saw the write up you did on your vest, and was stunned.

i went back after i remembered the trek core site. for those of you not familiar they have screen grabs of all the movies and all the episodes of trek. i think every three frames or so. but any how i found a couple better views of the tools. the best spots to look at are when he's on the bridge talking to ohura. and then once more after he conks his head after the rescue. he's lying on a med bed and ohura is there to comfort him we get some nice good close ups.

tffhd1316.jpg

tffhd1316.jpg

tffhd1313.jpg

tffhd1311.jpg

tffhd1310.jpg

tffhd1305.jpg

tffhd1300.jpg

tffhd1299.jpg

the ones from relics aren't really any help. they are pretty low quality shots. but if you have something that can play them in better quality you might be able to get a better view right as he comes up to the holodeck and has the no bloody A,B,C,or D speech with the computer.

relics221.jpg

as i figure out what each one is and i start making them i'll post them up here. that way if someone wants to replicate what i make they can.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back