Scar - Lion King Musical

This looks amazing! Your head sculpt is great and it looks like everything else is coming along well. Can't wait to see the finished product :)

Scar chaps.... OMG chaps.... I hate these chaps ¬_¬
Hard to believe, but of this whole costume, the chaps are so far the MOST expensive and the MOST time consuming and the MOST work.

Yup..... chaps....
The leather I got at Tandy Leatherworks... it's a huge 62 square foot upholstery hide.... over $500. I've used about 2/3 of it sofar.

scarpants1.jpg

First... cut a V from the leather.... then run it through the sewing machine to get the texture....
Repeat about 120 times.

scarpants2.jpg

Then pin all the pieces together and cut the edges to the pattern.
Then sew all the pieces you pinned.

That's ONE leg.... it took me all day. I still have another one to do.

Once the leather parts are done, I need to sew black lining to the pants and sew them together D:
Oh chaps, how I hate you..... T_T

Fantastic job on your scar costume. A wonderful idea, and an excellent result! I know this may be a little late, but I was at the Theatre exhibition at the Victiria and Albert Museum in London this weekend and I came face to face with the original Scar costume. I remembered this thread so thought you may be interested to see a few pics of him.

a1c479ff.jpg

a2e485e2.jpg

199b456d.jpg

70db230e.jpg

366ac21c.jpg

4d1524a7.jpg

9a84fcb3.jpg

Cheers, and again, wonderful work on your replica!

Awesome build! I bet finishing this feels like a weight has been lifted lol! There's nothing like being able to put a costume you've been working on for months on and being able to take the final pics!

This looks brilliant and I love how fully finished it is. From the head all the way down to the feet everything looks like a lot of care and attention to detail went into it.

I don't know if you ever plan on attending conventions in the states but if you do any of the major ones like SDCC or Dragon Con I hope I get the chance to see this in person!

easily one of the most impressive builds i've seen, despite the seeming simplicity (though i'm by no means saying it was simple.) great stuff ;]

five or six years ago, some people of our group watched the Lion King Musical and wanted to do the costumes for Karneval, but it was dropped because the costumes seemed to be very time-consuming.
But when I see yours, I wish I could turn back time, because this looks so absolutly freaking amazing! Great build, great costume!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back