ROTS Vader Mask Interior

We don't have those in the UK as far as I know. I did some websearching and I think I found the website but can't find the rubber mat.

Any links?

Anyone got this stuff available locally? Care to pick up some for me if I paypal you? :)

Originally posted by ~Sal~@Feb 2 2006, 12:14 PM
You could probably pick one up at a Joan Fabrics.
[snapback]1174163[/snapback]​

I got mine at Sears. $20 for 5. I think someone posted that you could get them at Harbor freight. Most places that sell roll-around toolboxes will have them. It is the draw protector "loose weave".

How many of the Flackvierling kits are required? Two?

Originally posted by ~Sal~@Feb 2 2006, 12:14 PM

I had a request for pics of the liner:

The package:
matpackage.JPG

With a white background so you can see the weave well:
mat.JPG

Thanks WackyChimp.

Lets have a big breakthrough. There has to be another kit that will yeild a bunch of parts. Is there a place where you can look through kit pieces? It is probable that it is another millitary model. My feeling is that #13 is the one to focus on.

Very well done to all so far on the parts discoveries. I'm getting tempted now to use the Ep3 inner face detailing on my ROTJ Reveal prop...

Please keep up the good work guys :D

Anyone here have contacts with the Ep3 art department that might be able to help? or have studio scale/kitbash modelling sites been shown photos??

Jeremy

Ok gang, I went ahead and made some closeups of isolated pieces of the helmet. Hope this helps some.

First up, inside the dome:
vader-inside-dome.jpg

Vader's forehead:
vader-forehead.jpg

Next, the brow/forehead area:
vader-brow.jpg

the left temple (right side is the same):
vader-left-temple.jpg

Vader's nose (bridge):
vader-nose.jpg

Vader's nose (tip):
vader-nose-tip.jpg

Vader's mouth:
vader-mouth.jpg

And finally, the left jaw line (right side is the same):
vader-jaw.jpg

Thanks to WC for hosting.

-Fred

Hey guys, in the dome the threaded pieces look like the threaded tubes for light fixture mounting. They also used them in the forehead where the tubing (could it be bicycle brake cable?) goes into them. You can find them in any hardware store in the lighting section.

First up, inside the dome:
vader-inside-dome.jpg

Vader's forehead:
vader-forehead.jpg

The square pieces with the caps and tubing look very familiar, but I can't place them. Maybe something to do with pneumatic parts/cylinders?

Next, the brow/forehead area:
vader-brow.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the piece on the temple is the contacts from an old open air relay.

vader-left-temple.jpg

And that has to be wire loom tubing running down the nose bridge.

Vader's nose (bridge):
vader-nose.jpg

That's just my 2 cents worth of knowledge, I hope it helps. :)

Richard

Gigatron-Great pics, they help a lot.

I think it would be great if we just start some brainstorming, kind of like what Darth Cross is doing. As well if we can get the model guys more involved it may help. I don't mind looking but in most cases I am not sure where. If "the Modelers" see some thing that is a typical piece but dont know which model it is from I can look.

I am drawn to #1. It is unusual. I am surprised by its thickness. I think it is painted copper. I looked at many emi/rfi sheilds and heat sinks....nothin. I am thinking that the copper piece on the bottom of the mouth(#12) as well as #1 may be from an electric razor or something like that. LETS JUST GENERATE SOME IDEAS/DIRECTIONS.

What happened? There seemed to be great enthusiasm initially. Just general brainstoming can send people looking in directions they hadn't thought of. Just shout out an idea....I have run out of ideas for places to look... Most of this stuff exists out there somewhere.

Originally posted by kurtyboy+Feb 2 2006, 02:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kurtyboy @ Feb 2 2006, 02:09 PM)</div>
We don't have those in the UK as far as I know. I did some websearching and I think I found the website but can't find the rubber mat.

Any links?

Anyone got this stuff available locally? Care to pick up some for me if I paypal you? :)

<!--QuoteBegin-~Sal~
@Feb 2 2006, 12:14 PM
[snapback]1174188[/snapback]​
[/b]
Prehaps you could go to your local surplus store, like a TOPS or wal-mart, I think they might carry them, not sure if they have those stores in the UK ethier though....

KB, you can get this stuff in Halfords, Wilkinsons, etc, it's the non-slip matting used sometimes on dashboards.

I have loads of the stuff from Wilkinsons (pretty cheap). Let me know by PM if you can't get any locally.

Originally posted by Gigatron@Feb 4 2006, 09:27 AM
Ok gang, I went ahead and made some closeups of isolated pieces of the helmet.  Hope this helps some.

vader-left-temple.jpg

-Fred
[snapback]1175853[/snapback]​

#3 on your diagram from the first page appears to be simply a piece of copper that has been etched/cut to resemble a circuit. The cuts in the closeup are definately rough and hand cut.

Originally posted by SurferGeek+Feb 12 2006, 03:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SurferGeek @ Feb 12 2006, 03:30 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gigatron
@Feb 4 2006, 09:27 AM
Ok gang, I went ahead and made some closeups of isolated pieces of the helmet.  Hope this helps some.

vader-left-temple.jpg

-Fred
[snapback]1175853[/snapback]​

#3 on your diagram from the first page appears to be simply a piece of copper that has been etched/cut to resemble a circuit. The cuts in the closeup are definately rough and hand cut.

[snapback]1182390[/snapback]​
[/b]

I agree that it seems to be something that's scrap (if it's made by them or not I ddon't know). But I don't think it's copper. If you look at the edges they're thick and a darker color. I think that it was spray painted copper. A quick coat wouldn't get the edges.

Richard

Also, all the "copper" pieces seem to be the same color. Which would be difficult to do with bare metal from different sources.

I agree that all the copper looks to be painted. The peice we are talking about here although the cuts look rough and there is still some burrs in the hole, The rounded ends and the hole bother me. Not easily cut and a lot of effort for no reason. This piece is not that much different that the Electro Magnetic Interferience or Radio Frequency Interfierience shields I have seen. They block radio, Walkie Talkie, ect. Signals from making products go haywire.

Does anyone else see a transfer case(where the rear end gears are on a rear wheel drive vehicle)? This could be like an under carrage guard for some military vehicle.?

What about those 'dental expansion screw' like pieces? Those are on the facemask too. Must be something they found that resembled the original ones. Another model kit part?

I don't know if this has been identified, but it is a leaf switch out of an older electronic device.

Leaf-switch.jpg

I used to have a *ball* cleaning these things when I worked in a video arcade. They inhabited the backside of all your console buttons like FIRE, also the flipper buttons for many pinball games...that sort of thing. The more a player would pound on the button, the more they'd oxidize and get "sticky". Games like Asteroids and Defender for example... oh, the memories.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back