ROTS Anakin Skywalker 89sabers/korbanth Grip Guide

sithdaddy66

Hey guys I’m looking at trying to source a anakin 89saber 6 grip, grip guide. I seen there were some 3D printed ones floating around on the net however they are no longer there. If anyone knows where I could source one or get the 3D design to have one printed that would be much appreciated

If you can measure the diameter, I will check mine. I may be able to make an stl if its different. Potentially ship it as well.

Edit for clarity: I don't have the specific file, but I do have some grip guide stl's

Last edited:
If you can measure the diameter, I will check mine. I may be able to make an stl if its different. Potentially ship it as well.

Edit for clarity: I don't have the specific file, but I do have some grip guide stl's
Hey brother that’s awesome news I appreciate that.
Dimensions:
30mm outer diameter
98.5mm (handle) height including pommel cap
0.5mm height of pommel cap
8mm Width of grips
83.3mm Length of grips (roughly, some of them vary a little bit)

Sometime libraries will have 3d printers you can use. Maybe call around, otherwise, yes, contact a service. Shouldn't cost very much.

PLA is a cheap and all-around good plastic for most prints. Plastic is softer than metal, so I could image it scratching your hilt.

Sometime libraries will have 3d printers you can use. Maybe call around, otherwise, yes, contact a service. Shouldn't cost very much.

PLA is a cheap and all-around good plastic for most prints. Plastic is softer than metal, so I could image it scratching your hilt.
I might just order it in tpu just to be safe. Hopefully these dimensions are correct

My other question is that the non removable chassis has come unglued from the main body of the hilt, what would be the best glue to use, would e6000 be safe to use to glue two pieces of metal?

Attachments

• B7B1A3C1-9E86-40BA-994C-71DBF4042C04.jpeg
    B7B1A3C1-9E86-40BA-994C-71DBF4042C04.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 80

Hey bro I ended up ordering the 3D design and it doesn’t fit. What’s the best way to design a 3D stl file to fit my specifications?

Damn, sorry it didn’t fit. I designed it 1mm larger than your measurements, maybe that wasn’t enough for the printing precision.

I use fusion because I have knowledge of a lot of Autodesk products. Its free to use for hobbyists. Blender is also free, but either way, you will probably have a pretty steep learning curve if you don’t know modeling software already.

E6000 should be fine for that application.

Also - it looks like wannawanga has a grip guides -

Or you could measure how much its off by and I could try again.

Ah that’s alright it’s not your fault bro, thanks for trying to help me out. Do you reckon if I email the 3D printing company with my dimensions and how much it’s of by they can alter it on there end?

Also should I allow for 1mm extra spacing on the outter diameter as well as each individual grip piece? Or just the outer diameter of the handle only so it’s not super tight?

There isn't a lot they can do with an stl, just scale it up a bit, but I doubt tyhey would do it. I think 1mm allowance on any givne side would suffice.

Too bad I don't have that hilt.

There isn't a lot they can do with an stl, just scale it up a bit, but I doubt tyhey would do it. I think 1mm allowance on any givne side would suffice.

Too bad I don't have that hilt.
So this is what the company sent me
Inner dimensions 26mm
Spacing 2.4mm

And it’s actually meant to be more like
Inner diameter of object 31mm
Spacing (negative spacing) 9mm

If I can’t get a grip guide what’s the next best alternative? I know there out there but I swear no one sells them or every installer I’ve asked just ignores me

So this is what the company sent me
Inner dimensions 26mm
Spacing 2.4mm

And it’s actually meant to be more like
Inner diameter of object 31mm
Spacing (negative spacing) 9mm

They said the file they got was 26mm interior? Let me look at my file and I will get back to you. I could print one and measure it. If you are willing to pay shipping, I could post it to you.

They said the file they got was 26mm interior? Let me look at my file and I will get back to you. I could print one and measure it. If you are willing to pay shipping, I could post it to you.
They didn’t say that. They sent me a photo of what I’ve attached and that’s it, prior to me purchasing. I just assumed they match the specs to the stl. I only measured what they sent me last night.

I can pay for shipping I’m here in australia, where abouts are you located?

Attachments

• 562A216D-F42F-40F4-BD9F-C6030E2E85A1.png
    562A216D-F42F-40F4-BD9F-C6030E2E85A1.png
    302.9 KB · Views: 43
I have an 89Sabers AS3 that I want to convert from 7 grips to 6 grips. Did anyone find a grip guide to use?

If not, perhaps you can let me know the spacing between each grip? May try and DIY if there's no guide. I've looked around for a bit and the best option I found is the 7Chambers one though I heard it's not compatible.

Hey guys I’m looking at trying to source a anakin 89saber 6 grip, grip guide. I seen there were some 3D printed ones floating around on the net however they are no longer there. If anyone knows where I could source one or get the 3D design to have one printed that would be much appreciated
Hey bro,

Just got the STL file for this saber from someone on the r/lightsaber reddit. Let me know if you want it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back