Roger Corman Doctor Doom Mask thread help

Another update,

There is a new version of my mask in the works, based on a 3D scan.

I'm not really involved with this, except from providing an original copy of the mask and giving permission to reproduce it.

I'll try and keep you all updated.

Thanks,

Richard

Attachments

• _20220225_205708.JPG
    _20220225_205708.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 157
Another update,

I'm not really involved with this, except from providing an original copy of the mask and giving permission to reproduce it.

Thanks,

Richard
Wow looks great

Another update,

Thanks,

Richard
Still 100% on board with picking one of these up when they become available.

Still 100% on board with picking one of these up when they become available.
As am I. Not sure what happened to the original thread so subbed here now. I've been talking with Richard on and off since 2015 for a mask. I certainly wouldn't be in any hurry if I was him with everything that has happened in the last few years. Hope he gets better or at least in a better palace health wise. I'd gladly buy an STL or print just as soon as an original cast. If anyone hears about a STL or prints from the person Richard authorized please let me know!

I mentioned to a few people, and in a post above this that was deleted, that I had a replica in the works in collaboration with an amazing modeler. As promised, here is the replica. This was modeled by the insanely talented Vek3D. Major shout out to Kylash for sharing reference pictures of his mask.

Feel free to check out/follow Vek on Instagram @vek3d for info on the file.

EDIT: To be as absolutely clear as possible, this is NOT related to the previous mask nor the scan Richard posted above. This is a ground up REPLICA sculpture.
03816F02-D579-4612-9699-B986B8D02D9F.jpeg
81A731AB-A640-4943-886B-8FE3D9E7B003.jpeg
E416BA36-7D11-404F-B66A-E4A23B503CE8.jpeg

If there is more interest in a resin cast I will pursue it, let me know folks.

Last edited:
I was jus checking in, and looking at the renders of the mask. Something feels off about the perspective of the mask... idk if it's just because it's a 3D model, and that's not a physical item?? It looks bulbous, like the sides are flaring out.

Regardless I did a quick photoshop edit of the Doom Mask. Slightly squeezed the sides together and brought the top of the head down a little bit. Im curious to know what you guys think?

Doctor Doom Mask alt.jpg

I was jus checking in, and looking at the renders of the mask. Something feels off about the perspective of the mask... idk if it's just because it's a 3D model, and that's not a physical item?? It looks bulbous, like the sides are flaring out.

Regardless I did a quick photoshop edit of the Doom Mask. Slightly squeezed the sides together and brought the top of the head down a little bit. Im curious to know what you guys think?

View attachment 1755082
looks more accurate to me based on pics of the mask.

View attachment 1755082

The mask is being rendered in an Orthographic view, as is common with a lot of modeling softwares. Your photoshop view is what the model would look like with perspective. Vek based his replica off of a Photogrammetry scan and the only change he made was making it symmetrical. The overall width and shape is accurate when printing.

Attachments

• DF36E7AF-5DFB-44E6-BA8F-5D961FCAA328.jpeg
    DF36E7AF-5DFB-44E6-BA8F-5D961FCAA328.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • 15899C1C-D4AC-4CC5-B845-F6E24F4FFE5D.jpeg
    15899C1C-D4AC-4CC5-B845-F6E24F4FFE5D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 66
  • 615DBA4F-0F97-4FAB-81C2-4222F9B81153.jpeg
    615DBA4F-0F97-4FAB-81C2-4222F9B81153.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
The mask is being rendered in an Orthographic view, as is common with a lot of modeling softwares. Your photoshop view is what the model would look like with perspective. Vek based his replica off of a Photogrammetry scan and the only change he made was making it symmetrical. The overall width and shape is accurate when printing.
Excited that almost nine years later I might be able to get a version of this! Still want a resin of the original too whenever Richard gets things sorted!

Okay, thats what I thought. It looks perfect, oh my god~

So digital 'recasting' is a thing now?

Without what I'd done, nobody would have anything from this prop. I sold them in good faith that the people that I sold them to would have something unique.

Now the copies are out there, they probably have no value.

Thanks to the copiers that didn't even send me a cursorary Messge to tell me their intent.
Wait, I thought there was an arrangement in the works for the the 3D scan. I must have missed an update somewhere. Thought it was still in the print testing phase?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back