River Song's book from Doctor Who

Here is an example of the illustrated River Song diary that I purchased from a UK artist, as well as the blank 11th Dr diary and the Melody Malone dime novel that I also purchased from the same artist...

KGrHqFqcE-kNsFHbBPy3R4tuQ60_58_3_zps895227fa.jpg

T2eC16ZHJIYE9qUcOuT9BQQfvD4DYg60_12_51_zps4ba1fb93.jpg

T2eC16dHJHIE9nysfCI5BRTFY7GY60_12_zps5dba947f.jpg

Attachments

• KGrHqFqcE-kNsFHbBPy3R4tuQ60_58_3_zps895227fa.jpg
    KGrHqFqcE-kNsFHbBPy3R4tuQ60_58_3_zps895227fa.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 196
That's disappointing that the Experience is using replicas now. I don't care if it's nice, screen accurate, whatever, it's not from the show and shouldn't be there. It's kind of like having a forged painting in a museum, isn't it?

That's disappointing that the Experience is using replicas now. I don't care if it's nice, screen accurate, whatever, it's not from the show and shouldn't be there. It's kind of like having a forged painting in a museum, isn't it?

I believe some of the Sonics on show may be replicas.

(Perhaps the original was being used for filming?)

Last edited:
The Smith sonic, or do you mean Tennant? If Tennant, why would they be using it for filming? And if Smith, there are no replicas yet, anything made by Robatto counts as the real thing.

I believe some of the Sonics on show may be replicas.

(Perhaps the original was being used for filming?)

The Smith sonic, or do you mean Tennant? If Tennant, why would they be using it for filming? And if Smith, there are no replicas yet, anything made by Robatto counts as the real thing.

Sorry, I meant that perhaps the original diary was being used by the production team?

I believe some of the classic Sonic Screwdrivers were replicas on display at the Doctor Who Experience.

Here is my attempt at the journal. It's not show accurate, but I like it for my daily pocket notebook. I combined the slip cover idea and the cardboard cutout base then covered it with a wrinkled up cardstock. Modge podge glued it to the base and covered it then a clear coat to finish. <iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/UY9Tm/embed"></iframe>

So who do you think would make the best replica journal for purchase? Because I know I collect journals and River Song's would be an excellent addition to my collection (as well as the others). But I'd definitely want it with all the bits inside.

Love to know your thoughts, thread members!

The UK artist that markquested purchased his journals and paperback book from advertizes a River Song journal with invented pages as well as inserts. The screen caps that I have seen of the original prop appear to have non-word scribbling to look like writing on the pages.

So a "replica" journal might not have any real writing inside.

That UK seller is the only one that fills in the pages. I used to make them blank, and I've seen some bad ones on Etsy. That's about it.

Those pages are really nice. The binding, spine board, and cover sheets are all horrid, though. Have they ever said how much they charge for one of those things? It seems like some huge secret.

the fully illustrated are £175 + P&P i think particularly like her version of the fresh diary (lets kill Hitler) which is £80, there don't seem to be many people doing them these days especially the illustrated.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back