Risu's Star Lord build

I finished my prototype lenses today.

The only changes remaining are to make the engraved squares on the clear lenses a little smaller and to order the parts from Shapeways. Also, I updated the Shapeways part to allow for the proper amount of room for the front lens and LED strip.

They look perfect! Awesome work, Risu.

Is there any possibility that you could upload an alternate set to shapeways which would fit the larger eyeholes on the Rocketeer/rgriesbeck version of the helmet?

Westies, yes, I can do that, I would just need precise measurements of the eye sockets on that helmet.

As for the lights and lenses, when I do the run I'll be cutting the accurate light strips to the correct length and soldering wires onto them. You could buy them in bulk on ebay, but it'll cost more, unless you have more uses for low power red LED strips. And the lenses I make myself on a laser cutter. They'll be available in the kit as well, at whatever diameter you need, although if I get accurate measurements for different types of helmets I can actually list them according to the helmet they'll fit.

Westies, yes, I can do that, I would just need precise measurements of the eye sockets on that helmet.

As for the lights and lenses, when I do the run I'll be cutting the accurate light strips to the correct length and soldering wires onto them. You could buy them in bulk on ebay, but it'll cost more, unless you have more uses for low power red LED strips. And the lenses I make myself on a laser cutter. They'll be available in the kit as well, at whatever diameter you need, although if I get accurate measurements for different types of helmets I can actually list them according to the helmet they'll fit.
Risu these eyes are incredible! Any idea on a price for the run? Or is it still to early? And when are you thinking of posting a thread? I'm hoping to order the MDuckett cast as soon as he logs back on and would like to finish it all by mid January for a con

I don't want to talk too much about it in this thread, but I think the pricing will be pretty affordable. I was planning to not post the run until after the holiday, but I might get out together this weekend. I'll definitely make a post in this thread when I do.

I'll definitely be posting the thread this weekend, and I'll link it here.

I'll hopefully have news on the snaps soon as well.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back