RIP Louis Gossett, Jr.

Ah man ! I remember thinking of him when I was in basic training. I had a drill Sergeant that looked and acted just like him. He wore reflective sunglasses and we'd joke that the reflection was on the inside. He had that Louis Gossett swagger. Louis you will be missed. So many good movies you left us, to enjoy you many more years. God Speed !

I saw him first in Enemy Mine and Iron Eagle. I watched the Iron Eagle movies all the time as a kid. My dad was a huge James Brown fan, so I had him find a 45 of "There Was A Time" for our jukebox that Chappy plays on the jukebox while they're planning (I think that's the scene). He was also great in Stargate.

I don’t know much of his work, but what I saw left a good impression.
‘Iron Eagle’, but in particular the perhaps lesser known ‘The Punisher’ (1989) with Dolph Lundgren.
I vividly remember this scene where Louis tries to get through to Frank Castle a.k.a. the Punisher when he was incarcerated. Dang fine acting:

Rest in Peace, Mr.Gossett jr.

Last edited:
I don’t know much of his work, but what I saw left a good impression.
‘Iron Eagle’, but in particular the perhaps lesser known ‘The Punisher’ (1989) with Dolph Lundgren.
I vividly remember this scene where Louis tries to get through to Frank Castle a.k.a. the Punisher when he was incarcerated. Dang fine acting:

Rest in Peace, Mr.Gossett jr.

He always does that hard sniff in scenes. It's almost a contemptuous/frustrated sniff.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back