RIP Gene Wilder. :(

very sad to learn of this today... Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein... two of my all time classic comedies.... :(

Godspeed Waco Kid. You'll be missed. One of my favorite comedic actors. :cry

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I've ever been this sad in my life.. :)

I just painted his portrait for an art show and was thinking about him yesterday. damnit.

yeah, this one is a hard one.

next one will be bob barker or monty hall...

the first one for me was john candy. loved that guy. one of the few big actors that was taken seriously ;o).

Loved him in Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles. Also have a soft spot in my heart for 'The Frisco Kid'.

Gene, you will be missed.

image.jpeg

He was the Willie Wonka. Young Frankenstein still makes me laugh my ass off, and The Producers is superb. The Schtick is dead. Long live the Schtick!

Sick to my stomach the world just got a little less funnier.

Was watching Blazing Saddles 2 weeks ago.

The Producers Young Frankenstein, which he co=wote with Mel, Willy Wonka, hell everything he did was great.

Few people can do drama, comedy and song and dance and boy Gene was a master of it ALL.

Say Hello to Gilda for me Gene goodbye and God bless! :(

[

Oh no... one of my absolute favourite actors. The perfect buddy movie duo are back together...

He's with the love of his life and his best friend. Looks like im having a Gene fest this coming weekend.

Even when ranting fervently Gene was never without a sparkle of poignant tenderness in his eyes. He projected palpable sincerity even in the midst of utter lunacy.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back