Riddick bust Finished 11/03

fettster

Sr Member
Hi all.

here is another bust m working on for a customer.

the form is just about there so now its all the fun detailing and texture.

the finished piece will be in silicone with chrome iris eyes.

vinfront.jpg

vinleft.jpg

vinright.jpg

hope yo like it

Last edited:
Re: Riddick bust wip

Nice work, fettster, that's a very realistic sculpt which I think crosses the 'uncanny valley'. If I didn't know better I would think it were a cast of Vin Diesel (taken with his eyes open, somehow).

btw, I once ran into Vin Diesel in a park. Yeah, he looked just like that.

Just wanted to see if there is any more progress on this as I can't wait to see it finished.

Now that is a stunning likeness, so brilliantly captured!

One thing I've always wondered is how "you" create your moulds from a clay sculpt without ruining it in the process. By this I mean how you attach the fencing and so forth. I've seen people spray the sculpt with auto lacquer, then once dried build up the wall/fence up and over the top of the piece, while others have simply pushed pieces of plasticard directly into the sculpt itself. Surely this must have some adverse affect to all that hard work.

If you took pictures of you prepping and making your mould, I for one would be very interested in seeing how you did it, as I am sure others here would be too.

Please keep up this great work and thanks for sharing the fruits of your skills with us.

Holluba

It get´s better every time i see your work! You´ve outdone yourself once more!
You should be really proud of your skills, amazing likeness!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back