Rey's Blaster - All Metal Build With Videos - S2Jesse

s2jesse

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
UPDATED:
Quick intro: I'm S2Jesse. I Co-Founded a video game company called S2Games that occupies most of my time but when I'm not making games I'm making other things. I've started so many projects that I cant even remember half of them. So I decided to start documenting new ones. Well heres the first. It's Rey's Blaster from TFA. I'm making it all from metal and completely from scratch. I'll be using fusion 360 for the design and cutting everything form aluminum and stainless steel. I'll 3d print the grips with the Form1 and mold and cast them. I hope to share everything i learn throughout the process and learn from any feedback i might get.

NEWEST UPDATE:DONE FINALLY and Part #8

Check out the vids and if you like them subscribe for future parts. I'll keep this thread updated with progress as I go!
NEWEST UPDATE: Part #7
Just a little mini update on a new trigger system.

NEWEST UPDATE: Part #6
Its Done! Here is the final part to the series. This video focuses on Weatering Aluminum.

UPDATE: Part #5
Hey look a blaster! In this episode we put together our waterjet parts, finish a bunch of odds and ends then model, mold and cast the grips! It finally looks like a blaster!

UPDATE :
Rey's Blaster Part 4! We use our new Tormach Slant Bed CNC Lathe and Fusion 360 to machine some of the round parts for the blaster as well as the PCNC-1100 to machine the inner Frame!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm0O-1jQyEA

UPDATE :
New Lathe has arrived. I finally decided to get a cnc lathe. Its in and here is a little setup and unboxing video.

UPDATE :
Part #3: Rey's Blaster Part 3! We machine the top and bottom round sections for the blaster using the Tormach PCNC 1100.
Click Here To Subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=s2gamesjesse

Click Here To Subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=s2gamesjesse

-S2Jesse

Last edited by a moderator:
I so want one of these out of metal. Look forward to watching your build. Thanks for the info and vid.

Cheers:thumbsup

I so want one of these out of metal. Look forward to watching your build. Thanks for the info and vid.

Maybe ill make a kit or two. I don't want to commit to anything because honestly this is more about learning etc. You you could also do a pretty good job with some simple tools and some sweat.

-S2Jesse

you could also do a pretty good job with some simple tools and some sweat.

I was actually going to go down that path as construction wise it was very do able. I liked the blaster when I first saw it as it was not based on another gun. I like the originality of the design.

I even sourced all the metal from where I was going to get it. Then the 3D prints starting to show up (Which I am not a huge fan of, to much finishing) and I wanted this to be metal.
Then the resin ones started to show up which I thought I might go for as clean up is minimal but I still needed to paint which I am really bad at. I even asked dmachinist if he was going to produce but he has a lot on his plate.

Trouble being is I already have so many metal projects started before this that I really can't add another one. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=253278&p=3863914#post3863914 Post #9.

So if you do, do an extra couple I would be in for one. Otherwise I will more than likely wait till some one creates a metal version for sale....

Cheers

I enjoyed the video. I'm very curious about 3D modelling and learning it, and I learned some things about software I have not used before. Subscribed. Thanks! Also, welcome to the RPF!

I enjoyed the video. I'm very curious about 3D modelling and learning it, and I learned some things about software I have not used before. Subscribed. Thanks! Also, welcome to the RPF!

Same here. Great video! I tried to learn 3D modelling in the late 90s and the software I had was so clunky that I gave up. This looks like it's a LOT more intuitive. I also think you explained some of the features really well for beginners.

Same here. Great video! I tried to learn 3D modelling in the late 90s and the software I had was so clunky that I gave up. This looks like it's a LOT more intuitive. I also think you explained some of the features really well for beginners.

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm actually more accustomed to modeling in like 3dsmax, maya, zbrush etc. But for any accurate / mechanical projects solid/parametric modeling is really great. Its super simple once you know the core concepts. Thats kinda what i tried to show or else the video would be too long and boring. If people want anything more in depth i can do that some time too. Almost done modeling the rest of it right now. Then I'll start some more machining. I'll share the model etc at some point as well.

S2Jesse

Nice video on the modelling process,

and It's really great that you have access to a CNC lathe, that would make things sooo much faster, easier, and repeatable than the manual method that I am using to build this blaster.

looking forward to your updates!

Nice video on the modelling process,

and It's really great that you have access to a CNC lathe, that would make things sooo much faster, easier, and repeatable than the manual method that I am using to build this blaster.

looking forward to your updates!

Oh i dont have a cnc lathe justa cnc mill. Im thinking of getting the tormach slant bed cnc lathe some day tho:)... BTW i saw your build also and its looking fantastic!

Jesse

Just added Part #2 of Rey's all metal blaster build by showing the finished model, some test fitting and some CNC machining of the barrel. Ive got the model finished and am confident it is VERY VERY VERY VERY accurate :) When I'm done building the aluminum versions ill give out the 3d models if anyone is interested in a very accurate model for 3d printing or whatever you want.

Again I'm just kind of recording my process. If anyone wants any more detail or would like to see something specific please ask. And also subscribe if you are interested and havn't yet:)

Subscribe for the next video!

-S2Jesse

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent, just gets better, thanks for the process and how it's done so informative to someone who has never seen this done...

Hi s2jesse are you going put sound and light in this cool blaster ? Your blaster is most accurate one around !!! I will like to get a metal one !!
Thanks
Fernando

Hi s2jesse are you going put sound and light in this cool blaster ? Your blaster is most accurate one around !!! I will like to get a metal one !!
Thanks
Fernando

Thanks man. I actually planned to which is why i saved so much room inside :) Was toying with a couple other ideas too but more on that later :)

I'll prob make a couple extra blasters. I'll keep ya posted.
S2Jesse

The best threads are the ones with the most documentation ... great build!! I could possibly be in for one of these if you end up doing a run ... definitely the coolest blaster in TFA!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back