Revisiting the Training Remote

Ok ... I'll see which parts I can help you with .... but expect some milling/drilling on the Panther commanders cupola, since my mold is only a 1-part dumpmold...

Finally have everything together. Now just needs paint, then scotchlite, then a stand/base. Not sure what ill do for the base. Any ideas?

Here's the progress.
475fd2bf36df7e82c1e3faa3a7f65ff2.jpg

33d9b9d1b53c348cb6e0577593134879.jpg

d334f7b11d98d3e422f7f229175496ae.jpg

The color looks good, what did you choose?

I keep mine on the makeshift stand I used when building, now weighted and flat black. My own preference is for something simple that does not draw attention away from the model. That said, I've also seen some terrific detailed interpretations that compliment the piece on display.

Save the airbrush for the weathering stage. You can see the spider effect in the wash being blown around on the original.

Masking tape is off. Need some touch ups and some weathering. Been working on this puppy over 3 years...on and off

MJF...that's a nice stand/display

1c5aa7778fa93f09d367a670aa383fc8.jpg

Isn't it great to see the reefer white finally go on? That was my favorite part.

TND, are you doing your own interpretation? The silver parts on your remote are merely a dark black wash on the original. I used Floquil engine black right out of he jar and used my finger to blot some off. This may not be the look you are after.

Got a big update for you guys on my own remote.

All the Works I have seen here Are awesome!
I´m starting my blueprints, to do my own, And I have some difficulties, If samebody can help me, that would be great.
- Can anyone put a pic of the axial bracket near a rule? (Or post the overall measurements).
- When someone traces the parallel line to the ecuator at 36 mm, is it a straight line, or in a curve?
- The link to Frank´s tutorial is broken, so can somebody send it to me please? (mirdhim@hotmail.com)
Thanks a lot.
Luis

Last edited:
All the Works I have seen here Are awesome!
I´m starting my blueprints, to do my own, And I have some difficulties, If samebody can help me, that would be great.
- Can anyone put a pic of the axial bracket near a rule? (Or post the overall measurements).
- When someone traces the parallel line to the ecuator at 36 mm, is it a straight line, or in a curve?
- The link to Frank´s tutorial is broken, so can somebody send it to me please? (mirdhim@hotmail.com)
Thanks a lot.
Luis

Hey Luis

I'm pretty sure I have some scans of the bracket somewhere. If not, I'll make some.. Give me a day or two

Not sure what you mean in question #2. could you illustrate it?

yeah I saw, that Franks tutorial is down .. Can't remember if I have saved a pdf-version of it.. I'll have a look, or else we'll find it. Either by archieving or by asking Frank :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back